View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Rinky dink

Rate this Entry
by , April 5th, 2012 at 10:21 PM (79 Views)
I carved out about 75 minutes in my work schedule today to drop into the Rinconada Pool for this in SCY:

• 1 x 400: 50 free drill, 300 IM k/d/d, 50 free drill
  • 3 rounds of:
    • 4 x 25: on 0:35, drill free
    • 3 x 50: on 0:50, vaguely descend stroke by round (back, breast, free)
    • 1 x 100: on 1:30, very loose descend across the rounds

• 6 x 25: more freestyle drills from yesterday
  • 2 rounds of:
    • 4 x 50: on 0:45 or 0:50 or whatever felt jiggy at the time
      • My thought was to descend these, but I kept getting caught up in technique work

• 5 x 100:
      • Rd 1 on 1:20 trying to just focus on technique and go in the general direction of faster (1:11 to 1:04)
      • Rd 2 on 1:10 trying to keep the technique up while making them (1:04 to 1:06)

• Then, I didn't really know what to do as I didn't feel like doing the 200s at fast pace I had intended so I did
    • 4 x 100: on 1:10
    • 4 x 50: on something

• So, then, I was going to do 4 x 100 on 1:45 trying to finally go fast in this workout, but I just couldn't get excited about this, so I did a variety of things that added up to 400

TOTAL: 4,000 SCY

Commentary:

• Though I did workout well last week, coming back from the time off from work has been stressful and my body's repaying me for that added stress by not being too jazzed to pump it up in the pool.
  • I've got two solutions for that, though:
    • Dropping in with Burlingame tomorrow and the coach said we're going to sprint
    • Racing the 4K OW this Saturday at Tempe Town Lake (www.dcbadventures.com). I'm going wetsuitless so the 64 to 67 degree water temp ranges I've seen will get me jumping

• Very glad Greensboro is still a ways a way; I can handle a sideways week this week.

Submit "Rinky dink" to Digg Submit "Rinky dink" to del.icio.us Submit "Rinky dink" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rinky dink" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments