4 x 100 FR pull with buoy on 1:30

200 IM drill
4 x 50 IMO FAST with :15 sr
100 EZ

1 x Noah's Ark pull with buoy
200 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2300yds/45 min)
-----------------

Got in before work today and felt better in the water. The lane was a little crowded, so I had to alter my plans a bit. I wanted to get the IM work in since I will be doing the 400 IM + 100 FR this weekend during the 500 at our mini meet. The broken 200 add-up was 2:19, which is a good practice time for me - I needed to break it up to avoid the people joining me in the water.

Everything looks good for the meet this weekend. Lower turnout than I had anticipated, but it should be a fun time for many on my team to swim in their first official meet. I am also planning to swim the 100 fly, and will do other events if there is only one other swimmer entered so that no one swims alone. Actually received four more entries today, with four more on the way, which would put us close to 20 for the meet.

I am putting together a lifting program based on Jazzy's post from a few weeks ago. I'll post that here to see if I am on the right track, and plan to start that next week (lifting 3-4 times a week, and using my stretch bands at home after swim days). Basketball should go through at least the end of May, and I will pull my bicycle from the back shed over the weekend and use that to ride to work when the weather is good - it'll be a four mile round trip from home. I am looking at nutrition for the OW season, my first real dive into that whole world, and I am getting a lot of great info from the marathon swimming forums.

Submit "Workout 04/24/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 04/24/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 04/24/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 04/24/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Have fun lifting. Welcome to the wonderful world of DOMs.

Swimsuit Addict has good nutrition ideas as well. Some of her concoctions are fancy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Swimsuit Addict has good nutrition ideas as well. Some of her concoctions are fancy!
    Yeah, that reminds me, I have to recheck her list from Ederle last year. It was very comprehensive.
    Not sure what you mean by "putting together a lifting program based on Jazzy's post." That post is a lifting program. Hope you don't mean "altering Jazzy's program so I don't have to do so much hard stuff."
    Updated April 25th, 2012 at 11:03 AM by Jazz Hands
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Hope you don't mean "altering Jazzy's program so I don't have to do so much hard stuff."
    Drats!

Actually, it's been so long since I lifted that I will probably write it out to be sure I am getting started in the right direction. I have been watching some vids on the intertubes to check technique, etc.

I'll be taking it easy as I start, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Drats!

Actually, it's been so long since I lifted that I will probably write it out to be sure I am getting started in the right direction. I have been watching some vids on the intertubes to check technique, etc.

I'll be taking it easy as I start, for sure.
    Start with light weight, for sure. That will help you get used to the technique on squats and deadlifts. As long as you don't bail on exercise selection.
    Good luck with your lifting! Definitely take things easy at first, don't overdo it, so you can continue.

I avoid both deadlifts and squats. The last time I deadlifted, I could barely walk the next day, and couldn't run for 3 days after. I had a bad experience with squats in high school, and avoid them whenever possible.

If at all possible, I'd try to find someone who knows what they're doing, watch them, and have them critique your form. If you're not lifting properly, you can do more harm than good.