View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Saturday, May 5

Rate this Entry
Ahhhhhhh. ... The granite of New Hampshire is agreeing with me. It's in the 60s and sunny, some of my favorite weather. Having a fabulous time here. Hanging out with Fort Son, catching up with some friends, even caught a couple lectures -- President Kim (so charismatic!) and one on debunking myths in popular psychology (appealing to a skeptic). But the highlight of the weekend was going out in the launch with the freshman coach and a couple other parents. The frosh boats were racing the women's varsity boats and it was a great birds eye view. (Yes, the first frosh boat won after starting four lengths back.). I'm sunburn.

Took yesterday off. But managed to get in a workout at the gym today before the launch.

Drylands:

RC exercises
Wide grip lat pulldowns, 60 x 2 x 8; switched to cyber machine, 90 x 2 x 8
--wide grip is easier on elbows but harder on the shoulders
Leg extensions, 90 x 4 x 8
Explosive leg press, 190 x 4 x 12
Cybex eagle row, 70 x 1 x 8, 90 x 3 x 8
Reverse preacher barbell curl, 20 x 4 x 8
Skull crushers, 50 x 4 x 8
Push press, 40 x 2 x 10
Single leg squat w/DBs, 35 x 2 x 8 each leg
Knee tuck jumps, 10
Captains chair leg raises, 3 x 20

Ellipse, 20 min

Foam rolling, 10 min

-------------------------------------------------

I honestly haven't thought through a drylands strategy for the summer months. It didn't really seem to hurt my swimming much to have omitted the upper body weights. But I still think my shoulders are happier when I do them though. I'm also not very psyched about long course this year. With the meets so early, there's hardly a traditional season. And I'm busy this month; I don't feel very focused. It's probably too soon after Nats to really feel that way. Plus, I'm still in rehab mode with second round of jabs coming.

Brunch with Fort Son and a quick swim tomorrow, and it's back home.

Submit "Saturday, May 5" to Digg Submit "Saturday, May 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday, May 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday, May 5" to Google

Comments