Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
4 x 50 fly drills
6 x 25 shooters w/MF
75 EZ

Main Sets:

MF Report:

I made TWO attempts at the 225 MF today, both foiled. The first was ruined by the fin falling off my right foot about 85 yards in. See Speedo's vid of that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InbX1...ature=youtu.be. However, as the clock shows, I was out in 22 high being very conservative with the UWs. I should have stopped at the wall and adjusted the fin in retrospect. My second attempt, the iPhone apparently went to sleep and Pete couldn't get it back on video from picture mode. He tried to stop me, but I thought he was trying to slow me down for James' sake. I was almost 140 in when I realized the video wasn't running. At that point, my legs were dead, especially with yesterday's deadlift fiesta, so I wasn't making another attempt.

In full disclosure, I cruised a 2:06 last week, which Speedo can confirm. So I knew I would likely be faster today, especially starting with a 22 high. My splits last week were 52/1:00/14. Jimby had made reference to me having done a :52 in a 100 MF before. I'm not sure where he got that ... might have been from a couple years ago even. But I've laid down quite a few 19s in my AFAP 50s lately (did James know this?), so I'm sure I'm much faster now. I may try once again, but right now my 2:06 beats James' very fine 2:10. Power of the MF! I must say doing a 225 MF for time just kills a sprint workout. Couldn't do much after.

Anyway, the workout:

1 x 80 MF for time, fin fell off
120 EZ

1 x 140 for time, Pete finally got my attention and stopped me
60 EZ
hottub, 10 min

100 EZ

10 x 50 single arm fly @ 1:00
50 EZ

8 x 25 burst + cruise
50 EZ

2 x 50 w/stretch cordz, hold for :30
-- These blasted me. After weeks of tapering, I'm not in the best condition.
125 EZ

Total: 2550

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Enough of this farting around with D work, time to get back to sprinting!

Will try to stretch and do RC work later.

My lack of motivation for LCM continues ... I leave Saturday am for another weekend away, this time outside Boston for the Eastern Sprints. So I probably won't swim over the weekend. Two weeks of kind of sketchy training.

Submit "Technical Difficulties, Wed., May 9" to Digg Submit "Technical Difficulties, Wed., May 9" to del.icio.us Submit "Technical Difficulties, Wed., May 9" to StumbleUpon Submit "Technical Difficulties, Wed., May 9" to Google

Updated May 9th, 2012 at 04:36 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I've laid down quite a few 19s in my AFAP 50s lately
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I suspect certain folk were not carefully reading my workouts! Like Q, he just reads the comments.

This was the first season I went under :20 for a double shooter. But I'm not too slow on top of the water either.
    That video makes me want to buy a monofin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    MFs are so fun! And they WILL make your SDKs faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    you're not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    you're not the only one.
    What are you waiting for? You're a flyer!
    Very nice...I'll have to check out the video later after work. Nice job beating me. You win!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Very nice...I'll have to check out the video later after work. Nice job beating me. You win!
    You put up a gallant fight with that practice PB!
    You're going to accept that unauthenticated 2:06? I don't know, sounds pretty dubious to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    You're going to accept that unauthenticated 2:06? I don't know, sounds pretty dubious to me!
    Ha! Speedo can verify. He timed it for me.
    Verified sans video.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You put up a gallant fight with that practice PB!
    Yeah, that was sweet.
    Like Q, he just reads the comments.
    Crap, now what'd I miss? Oh, you killin' Speedo in a 50 with your monofin? I know that. Speedo bolds all the stuff in his blog that is ridiculously fast from a push, but still slower than you went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Yeah, that was sweet.
    Well...in a way "we got her". But not like the way we'd hoped to have (per our earlier conversation). Did you ever mention to Leslie afterwards what the plan was RE: the video?
    Well...in a way "we got her". But not like the way we'd hoped to have (per our earlier conversation). Did you ever mention to Leslie afterwards what the plan was RE: the video?
    No, he did not! What was this plan? Secret plotting on FB chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Speedo bolds all the stuff in his blog that is ridiculously fast from a push, but still slower than you went.
    I am encouraging Speedo to re-title his blog: Embracing the 50 Back. Now that it's his best event and all. And predictably so from his bolded practice times! Why, a few sessions with the MF and he'll be breaking 25.
    I didn't. Maybe we should save that idea for her next attempt.
    I am encouraging Speedo to re-title his blog: Embracing the 50 Back. Now that it's his best event and all. And predictably so from his bolded practice times! Why, a few sessions with the MF and he'll be breaking 25.
    I'll echo Jazz and TG and say that I would like to grab a MF. That would be an abbreviation for monofin.
    I didn't. Maybe we should save that idea for her next attempt.
    Hmm ... Wondering about the allegiance of my training partner ...

Maybe the next attempt/gridge can be shorter?
    I'll echo Jazz and TG and say that I would like to grab a MF.
    I AM VERY OFFENDED ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SURE WHY

That would be an abbreviation for monofin.
    oh. never mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast