View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Gym + Swim, Friday, May 11

Rate this Entry
Drylands:

RC exercises, 10 min
resisted lunges w/belt on cable machine (ripped off from Coughlin), 45 x 1 x 15 each leg, 55 x 1 x 15 each leg
resisted track start jumps, 45 x 1 x 10
overhead squats, 45 x 1 x 8, 50 x 1 x 8, 55 x 1 x 8
push press, 50 x 3 x 8
reverse barbell preacher curl, 30 x 3 x 8
altitude drops, 3 x 5
med ball slams in racquetball court, 5 x 8, various

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

550 various
4 x 50 fly drills
6 x 25 shooters w/MF

Main Sets:

1 x 100 dolphin kick w/MF, fast @ 90ish%
-- went :47
100 EZ

1 x 50 fly AFAP
-- went :23 low
-- whew, still have speed despite farting around for a couple weeks post Nats
150 EZ

30 x 50 burst to 15 m + cruise @ 1:00
-- this is the Allen Stark set
-- sort of a variant on the ultra short distance training, but with both active and passive recovery
-- heart rate elevated the whole time
-- didn't take any masters minutes

1-10 = dolphin kick on back w/MF
11-20 = fast hands breast w/fins
21-40 = dolphin kick w/board & MF
100 EZ

Total: 2900

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shook off my alleged wimpiness from yesterday! I was able to get in both drylands and a swim after persuading Mr. Fort that we should leave on Saturday not Friday for the Eastern Sprints (college rowing championships) outside Boston. I'm unfortunately going to miss Teen Fort's state championships here. But her boat is undefeated and should win. And, besides, I'll be traveling to Philly next weekend to watch her race in the Stotesbury Regatta. I feel like I've been traveling my ass off lately. And not to exotic locales like Q.

Still treading cautiously in the gym. My shoulder/scapula/neck feel somewhat better after the second round of PRP. But I am still somewhat nervous about the upper body weights wrt elbows & shoulder and will ramp those up very slowly.

Submit "Gym + Swim, Friday, May 11" to Digg Submit "Gym + Swim, Friday, May 11" to del.icio.us Submit "Gym + Swim, Friday, May 11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Gym + Swim, Friday, May 11" to Google

Comments

I feel like I've been traveling my ass off lately. And not to exotic locales like Q.
    I don't tell anyone when I go someplace non-exotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    I don't tell anyone when I go someplace non-exotic.
    You Esteemed Has Beens are a smart lot.
    I'll be traveling to Philly next weekend to watch her race in the Stotesbury Regatta. I feel like I've been traveling my ass off lately. And not to exotic locales like Q.

Philly is exotic and to cap it off, the Red Sox are in town next weekend fri night, sat night, sun. afternoon. tix can be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Philly is exotic and to cap it off, the Red Sox are in town next weekend fri night, sat night, sun. afternoon. tix can be found.
    It's good to know that tix can be found. My daughter is going to Drexel in the fall, and asked the other night if the Phillies' are any good (read: "Can we get cheap tix for when the Sox come to town?") I mentioned Halladay, Lee, Pap, and the recent WS, so she was bummed that catching a game might not happen economically. Then again, she is still enamored by Johnny Damon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    I'll be traveling to Philly next weekend to watch her race in the Stotesbury Regatta. I feel like I've been traveling my ass off lately. And not to exotic locales like Q.

Alas, I may just cruise in late Friday night for Saturday's semi finals and finals and then drive back Saturday night. Sunday is booked here. Haven't seen a Red Sox game in ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    It's good to know that tix can be found. My daughter is going to Drexel in the fall, and asked the other night if the Phillies' are any good (read: "Can we get cheap tix for when the Sox come to town?") I mentioned Halladay, Lee, Pap, and the recent WS, so she was bummed that catching a game might not happen economically. Then again, she is still enamored by Johnny Damon.
    Back before about 2007 you could get phills rsox tix at a reasonable price and up to 8 or 10 - i got tix to 2 games one weekend in about 2005 and had my whole family come down for the weekend. Alas, the phills go good and avaialbility has gone down and price way up. The phills have played the rsox most years during interleague play and tix are available on stub hub (i've learned how to work that, being paitient morning before a game while prices fall) and at the box office, if you get there early and stand in line. As a partial season tix holder for a long time, i can smetimes get them pre-season before others, and even during the season, if i call there mvp line. So, if she checks out the schedule ahead and knows she'll be in philly, let me know. It's a great ball park (maybe not quite the ambience of fenway), mucho 18-30 somethings all over anymore too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Alas, I may just cruise in late Friday night for Saturday's semi finals and finals and then drive back Saturday night. Sunday is booked here. Haven't seen a Red Sox game in ages.
    yikes - a blitz, but enjoy the moment and hope the weather cooperates. If you are hanging out near boathouse row, there is a great rest. just downstrean of the boathouses looking over the dam and in the old water works (below the art museum) - think it's called the Waterworks - not cheap, but lunch is not too bad and views are cool. Museum in the basement with pics of an old pool and swim team.