800 w/fins done as--
50 fast stroke (did back)
150 long and smooth

4 x 100 kick @ :15 rest IMO
(I used fins for fly & back)

600 w/fins done as--
100 fast (did IM)
100 long and smooth

4 x 100 power kick @ :20 rest (with fins)

400 w/fins + paddles--all FAST

4 x 100 kick @ :15 rest IMO
(I used fins for fly & back)

200 FAST for time (from a push, did free 2:51)

200 w/d

TTL: 3700m

hmm where to begin?
it was definitely a fins day, frying the legs, even more than my legs already were fried from biking this week.

either I took the 50 fast back too fast and the ez free too easy from the 800 or others didn't do the set right.

those power kicks were just killer. Paul specifically told me to shoot for 30+m, but I think I was lucky to do 20m. once you surfaced, it was easy swim to the other wall. this is really tough, especially LCM

by the time I got to the 200 fast at the end, Paul moved me over to the lane with Shawna, who was just finishing up. I hoped that maybe she left some speed behind in the lane for me, but alas she took it with her when she got out.
he told me my split was 1:22, which is quite horrible. my legs were completely shot by that point. the odd thing is, I thought I was conservative with my first 100.

today is my Mom's 80th Birthday!
so I called her while enroute to the gym after work, and chatted a little after I got there. my brothers are going in and taking her to Top of the 80s Restaurant tomorrow. the place is named because it is right where the I-81 and I-80 meet, but they felt it would be appropriate for her 80th birthday too.

anyway, I made it to the gym after work, 24 Hour Fitness @ Mesa Riverview:

Tmill: 28 min, 377 cal, 3.30 miles, avg 7.0 mph. Same as Wed--
2 min warmup to 4.5
Jog at 6.8, increase every 3 min to 14 min
Increase .1 every 1 min to 8
Hold 8 for 3 min
8.1-8.2 for 1 min each
1 min cool down

Leg rolling: 5+ min

Ladder drills: 3 rounds of--
Forward
Side (switch then back)
Out + in

Step ups forward: 2 x 10 each leg
Step ups lateral: 2 x 10 each leg
Box jumps: 3 x 8

Hanging leg raises from pullup bars: 4 x 8

Incline bench: 3 x 10 x 135, 1 x 6 x 155

Univ machine triceps rope pulldowns: 1 x 12 x 50, 2 x 10 x 60, 2 x 8 x 70

Free motion dual cable cross chest fly: 1 x 15 x 70, 1 x 12 x 80, 2 x 10 x 85, 2 x 8 x 90

this was one of my best runs in months. also one of the longer in a while. I think it will put me at 10 miles of running for the week. quite paltry compared with what I was doing a year ago, but I certainly wasn't biking 100+ miles a week then either.

the gym wasn't too busy, so I took advantage of the open floor in the stretching area to do the ladder drills.

I nearly went right into my mega plank routine after leg rolling, but I thought that may be too much core, so I held off and just did those hanging leg raises. they certainly fry your abs, in a short amount of time. I'm not sure if it is better to do that before chest or after though...

after lifting, I did an easy 300m swim (SCM) in the gym pool.

so 2 guys (plus another I haven't met yet) who I've biked with wanted me to join them tomorrow for a ride on the AZ 87/Beeline (the AZ Ironman bike course). there was a flurry of email exchanges, mentioning 2-3 loops, a run after, etc. the more I thought about it, the more I just decided I didn't want to go. no real reason, but I'm just not feeling it. since I don't have any set cycling events lined up (I do have a couple tentative, but not until Oct), I thought why force myself to do something I don't want to, and risk injury?
If I wake up and feel like it, maybe I'll do a short run with Holly tomorrow morning. with leaving for London soon, I should get my running somewhat comfortable if I want to run there. and Holly will be staying with people who run with dogs...
instead of doing a forced ride tomorrow, I'll probably ride over to Ahwatukee on Sunday. I only need 25 miles to hit my weekly 100 mile goal.

Submit "Friday 05112012, AM Swim & PM Gym" to Digg Submit "Friday 05112012, AM Swim & PM Gym" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday 05112012, AM Swim & PM Gym" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday 05112012, AM Swim & PM Gym" to Google

Comments