-- high 8s & 9 flats

200 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP fly
-- 23 mid
-- cramped

200 EZ

Total: 2950

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Had another fantastic weekend in New England. After a lackluster dual meet season, Fort Son's frosh light boat (see pics below) made the grand final at the Eastern Sprints. Definitely peaked at the right time, beating some teams that previously had beaten them. All the races were thrilling to watch with Harvard taking the overall title. But all this travel is exhausting, and I never sleep well when I travel. I may skip the Stotesbury Regatta in Philly next weekend and instead go to Nationals the following weekend (Teen Fort's boat qualified this weekend). I need a travel break! And I have Lil Fort's sports events to attend anyway.

I arrived home too late yesterday to hit the pool, which resulted in 3 days off. No big deal, I guess, but I've only gotten in 8 swims since Greensboro. I felt a bit odd/awkward doing a sprint workout today, but was determined to get back on track. I'm still lacking any enthusiasm for long course. I'm either going to attend the Spire long course meet on June 30-July 1 (fantastic new pool), http://www.lelmsc.org/, or Omaha. That leaves me only 4 weeks to train before tapering. I really won't be able to get in any long course conditioning as my team's weekday practices conflict with Lil Fort's track practices and that and school aren't over until mid June. So I'm just going to focus on speed, speed, speed and the four long course 50s. I'm waiting for the entry form to come out for the Spire meet before deciding. Assuming it comes out shortly ...
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	181356_3992697341737_1410004981_69090490_1954487329_n.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	6831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	6832  

Submit "Tuesday, May 15" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, May 15" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, May 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, May 15" to Google

Updated May 15th, 2012 at 04:11 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

it might be cheaper to fly to Erie, PA than Cleveland. I thought about going to their meet in the Winter. It was much cheaper to fly Erie, PA. Of course, that is to and from Philly.
    PHL-CLE is more expensive than WAS-CLE because US Airways has no competition in Philly.
    Thanks for the info guys! I had assumed it would be less expensive and easier to fly to Cleveland. Definitely a factor in choosing a meet.
    What do you mean by highs and lows?
    Quote Originally Posted by sglines
    What do you mean by highs and lows?
    For example, a 13 high is a time that would be close to 14, just a touch under. A 13 low means it was very long tick to the 14.
    I still think you should come to Omaha. That way we could hang out together and you would get to meet Poolraat JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    I still think you should come to Omaha.
    Yeah!
    Brofist?

About The Fortress
    Your Real Name
    Leslie
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Brofist?
    I was talking to poolraat. Please try to keep up, mmmkay?
    Brofist?
    I understood that guy talking to poolraat, but I didn't understand your responsive post ... And I prefer Sprint Diva to Leslie. :-) Everyone pronounces my name wrong.
    I still think you should come to Omaha. That way we could hang out together and you would get to meet Poolraat JR.
    Hanging out sounds divine. Traveling and taking two flights to get there sounds awful. I'm dead from traveling and can't seem to get back in a groove in the pool. I phoned in a "workout" today for the first time in months.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I understood that guy talking to poolraat, but I didn't understand your responsive post ... And I prefer Sprint Diva to Leslie. :-) Everyone pronounces my name wrong.
    It is from your about page, you can change it to sprint diva.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I was talking to poolraat. Please try to keep up, mmmkay?
    Sorry
    Sorry
    awww it's all good
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    awww it's all good
    Brohoof?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Hanging out sounds divine. Traveling and taking two flights to get there sounds awful. I'm dead from traveling and can't seem to get back in a groove in the pool. I phoned in a "workout" today for the first time in months.
    Two flights to get there would suck. Even though I got non-stop flights, I still have a 3-1/2 hour drive to the airport.
    Two flights to get there would suck. Even though I got non-stop flights, I still have a 3-1/2 hour drive to the airport.

Yeah a long flight + drive pre meet can suck. I think the long drive down to Greensboro bothered my legs somewhat the next day. Hope you're getting in early enough for a mini swim and stretch.