View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed., May 16

Rate this Entry
Drylands:

RC, 20 minutes
low row negatives, 80 x 4 x 8
leg extensions, 100 x 4 x 8
leg abductors, 120 x 1 x 8 (forgot to do other sets, distracted by 2 phone calls at the gym)
skull crushers, 50 x 4 x 8
extreme angle step ups w/BB, 40 x 3 x 10
extreme angle isometric squat, 3:00 (hurt shins)
altitude drops, 2 x 5
TRX squat jumps, 2 x 10
captains chair leg raises, 2 x 20
ropes, 2 x :30 fast

Stretching, 30 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No time for a swim today. Had to do more prom shopping with Teen Fort after her AP exam.

I've decided I don't like having a focus long course meet in the early summer. May to mid June are just crazy busy for me. It's hard to buckle down and train in May right after SCY Nats and in the midst of craziness.

Importance of sleep: I need more!
http://www.swimmingscience.net/2012/...-swimmers.html

Submit "Wed., May 16" to Digg Submit "Wed., May 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., May 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., May 16" to Google

Comments

I've decided I don't like having a focus long course meet in the early summer. May to mid June are just crazy busy for me. It's hard to buckle down and train in May right after SCY Nats and in the midst of craziness.
    I'm of two minds: I agree from the training perspective, but I've never been able to make an August Nationals work with my family/vacation plans. After this year, I think I'll go back to likely attending 1 nationals or worlds a year and then do a local SCM taper meet. This year the excitement of competing in Greensboro and Omaha was too much to pass up. I know I'll enjoy Omaha ... and starting to feel the mojo come back for training now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'm of two minds: I agree from the training perspective, but I've never been able to make an August Nationals work with my family/vacation plans. After this year, I think I'll go back to likely attending 1 nationals or worlds a year and then do a local SCM taper meet. This year the excitement of competing in Greensboro and Omaha was too much to pass up. I know I'll enjoy Omaha ... and starting to feel the mojo come back for training now.
    I typically go to only one Nationals a year anyway. I just can't get excited about Omaha even though I'd ideally love to improve on my so-so sprints from last summer. I'm too crazed with multiple sports events, often involving travel, every weekend. And right when the spring sports (swimming/track/soccer/rowing) end, summer swim is in high gear. I wish we had a local meet, but there isn't one until August when I'm at the beach.

It's probably difficult to find the perfect time in the summer anyway. Meets have to be planned around life, not training preference

You'll do great in Omaha!
    Updated May 16th, 2012 at 06:25 PM by The Fortress