View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat., May 19

Rate this Entry
Heated Vinyassa Flow, 90 minutes

I ventured to Down Dog in Herndon for a heated flow class. http://downdogyoga.com/. It's so different than bikram. I'm not sure I could do either one exclusively without getting bored. I felt like I was lunging my azz off. I also made sure not to "cheat" myself out of the back bends and chuckled when the instructor said we had to do core work because we "don't get that elsewhere in our lives.". My balance was a bit off and I was better at the bikram type poses.

I finally got some info on the Cleveland meet after emailing someone from the Erie website. It sounds dubious and disorganized to me. They haven't been able to post the info on the USMS website, there's no sanction #, they don't say they'll submit times to USMS, there's no email for the meet director, and the order of events is beyond bizarre (see below). I can't even register on line for the meet b/c I have a mac. The last time I mailed in a registration, it was somehow "lost." And who knows if they know what a split request is in the hinterlands ... The meet will likely be small and run fast, so I would need to use one, I'm sure. Given these facts, I may have to opt for Omaha. If I do, I have to decide if I travel Friday and do the 4 50s on Sat & Sun (50 free as a 100 split) or travel Thursday to get a 100 back split in the 200 back. I think backstroke is the only 100 I can manage long course.

Going to head to the gym today.

SATURDAY, JUNE 30, 2012 EVENTS MAY NOT BE REPEATED ON SUNDAY
1. 50 m. Freestyle ____________ 10. 200 m. Freestyle ____________
2. 50 m. Backstroke ____________ 11. 200 m. Backstroke ____________
3. 50 m. Breaststroke ____________ 12. 200 m. Breaststroke ____________
4. 50 m. Butterfly ____________ 13. 200 m. Butterfly ____________
5. 400 m. Indiv. Medley ____________ 14. 200 m. Indiv. Medley ____________
6. 100 m. Freestyle ____________ 15. 800 m. Freestyle Relay XXXXXXXXX
7. 100 m. Backstroke ____________ 16. 800 m. Freestyle ____________
8. 100 m. Breaststroke ____________ 17. 1,500 m. Freestyle ____________
9. 100 m. Butterfly ____________
(Do not enter both events 16 and 17)

SUNDAY, July 1, 2012
18. 400 m. Freestyle No Deck Entry 27. 200 m. Indiv. Medley ____________
19. 200 m. Butterfly ____________ 28. 100 m. Breaststroke ____________
20. 400 m. Free Relay XXXXXXXXX 29. 50 m. Backstroke ____________
21. 100 m. Backstroke ____________ 30. 100 m. Butterfly ____________
22. 50 m. Freestyle ____________ 31. 200 m. Free Relay XXXXXXXXX
23. 200 m. Breaststroke ____________ 32. 200 m. Freestyle ____________
24. 200 m. Medley Relay XXXXXXXXX 33. 50 m. Breaststroke ____________
25. 50 m. Butterfly ____________ 34. 200 m. Backstroke ____________
26. 100 m. Freestyle ____________ 35. 400 m. Medl

Submit "Sat., May 19" to Digg Submit "Sat., May 19" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat., May 19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat., May 19" to Google

Updated May 20th, 2012 at 02:53 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Yoga

Comments

opt for Omaha

wow, a meet director who is ticking off sprinters as well as distance swimmers. Normally, distance swimmers get the shaft by doing the 400 IM and 200 fly 10 minutes apart and don't get me started on the 1000 and 1650 double!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    wow, a meet director who is ticking off sprinters as well as distance swimmers. Normally, distance swimmers get the shaft by doing the 400 IM and 200 fly 10 minutes apart and don't get me started on the 1000 and 1650 double!
    It's a completely strange OOE that helps no one. In a small meet, you can't really swim more than one event in the group of 50s, 100s, etc. And you can't even contact the meet director to ask questions. I am spoiled by PV meet directors.
    Sat., May 20
    I don't know about the calendars in the United States, but up here in Canada...

SATURDAY WAS THE 19th, and today, SUNDAY IS THE 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy

Can I be really stupid and ask how you put images in blog comments like that?

At least in Omaha I wouldn't have to worry about my times counting or getting enough rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I don't know about the calendars in the United States, but up here in Canada...

SATURDAY WAS THE 19th, and today, SUNDAY IS THE 20th.

Whoops! Thanks silly boy who decided not to measure the pool. You're swimming great; keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Uh-oh... get ready to get your blog picture bombed!!
    Whoops! Thanks silly boy who decided not to measure the pool. You're swimming great; keep it up!
    Thanks for the support!!

We actually got the Canadians to fill out the form from their measurements, but we'll see what happens. Highly unlikely, but it's worth a shot. The daily bulkhead measurement does say "recommended" on the form...not "required". Will it pass? Chances are slim, but maybe we can get it in.

At least in Omaha I wouldn't have to worry about my times counting or getting enough rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Uh-oh... get ready to get your blog picture bombed!!
    pwb had a good step-by-step explanation in a post a couple of months ago.
    Thanks Eric. I can't get it to work on my computer. I think I tried it before unsuccessfully as well. I will have to bore everyone and stick to words.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Too lazy to try harder!
    NICE ONE FORT!!!!
    The dunce cap was for myself! However if you're going to have dogs pissing ...