View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, June 15

Rate this Entry
Swim/LCM @ Rockville w/Julie

Warm up/Transition:

400 various (Julie lapped me again)

8 x (50 kick + 50 swim or drill) @ short rest (!) Julie didn't even lap me on these!
-- 15-20 m UW on the kick

Speed Sets:

Julie's Ironman watch wasn't working and mine needs a new battery, so no times. Not really a big deal.

4 x 50
-- fast 25 UW + 25 easy backstroke kick

8 x 50
odds = fast @ 100 pace (2 back, 1 br, 1 free)
evens = EZ

4 x 50
odds = AFAP fly
evens = EZ
-- second one was slower; I didn't take enough rest and needed to do more than an EZ 50 inbetween these AFAP efforts
150 EZ

1 x 100 AFAP back
-- first length was pretty straight
-- second length I moved over to the left to avoid a noodler, but kept crashing my hand into the lane line and moving around
150 EZ

2 x 50 w/parachute
-- 1 br and 1 free
50 EZ

Total: 2550

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a gorgeous day to swim outside. Sunny, high 70s and the pool water was nicely chilly. There was even a brief Muppet sighting. That's a fair amount of long course sprinting, so I may be tired later, especially after yesterday's AFAP efforts. Probably won't do much this weekend except maybe a 30 minute recovery swim and some stretching. Lil Fort has the Potomac Valley USTAF Association Champs and a soccer tournament. Poor thing, she's a little nervous (for the former). Both her events area at 8:00 am Sat and Sun in Md.

May try to stretch and do RC later.

Awaiting the 100 back results from Worlds ... real time results seem behind. I am sighing, of course, that the 50 and 100 back were left for the end of the meet ...

Submit "Friday, June 15" to Digg Submit "Friday, June 15" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, June 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, June 15" to Google

Updated June 15th, 2012 at 05:46 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

This is so up my alley. I skippo'ed a bunch of workout today and got a decent 50 in at the end - but only 'cause I really "limited" my garbage yardage at the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    This is so up my alley. I skippo'ed a bunch of workout today and got a decent 50 in at the end - but only 'cause I really "limited" my garbage yardage at the front.
    Yep, hard aerobic will really fatigue the fast twitch muscles and kill the sprinting.

I enjoy not having a pace clock there and hence no intervals sometimes.
    I totally agree. I need to get out of this cow costume and into my superhero one!