8 x (25 up tempo swim @ :30 + 25 EZ @ :45) w/fins
50 EZ between rounds
round 1: free, 12 high-13
round 2: breast, 14 high-15
round 3: back, 12 high-13

Total: 3200

Acupuncture/Cupping, 45 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I messed up and did 3 rounds on the last up tempo set instead of 2. I've ruined my taper! Not really, but I thought it was funny that I forgot what I had planned.

Still struggling with sleep and shoulder pain. I knew those 5:45 am wake up calls last weekend would cause me to wake up early for awhile. Not sure why my shoulder is protesting so much. It was much better for awhile after Greensboro Nats. I wonder if it's at all related to dropping upper body weights? I hope I've just been sleeping on it wrong. And I suppose it could be inflammation from the PRP. As a precaution, I went back to acupuncture today and will do a few more sessions before Omaha. I would prefer not to be in pain (again) for another nationals. 2+ weeks to go.

I'm much happier with the timeline for my events at Omaha than at Greensboro where I had the first non-distance event every day.

50 free: 11:55 am
200 back (100 split): 1:05 pm
50 back: 2:05 pm
50 breast: 11:00 am
50 fly: 2:50 pm

I think I'm going to take a couple weeks off from the pool after Omaha.

Off to do more RC exercises.

Submit "Tuesday, June 19" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, June 19" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, June 19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, June 19" to Google

Updated June 19th, 2012 at 09:39 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

what do you think of cupping?
    do you have cupping hickeys?
    take a couple weeks off??
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    what do you think of cupping?
    do you have cupping hickeys?
    take a couple weeks off??
    I have some cupping hickeys. It supposed to help reduce the pain and increase circulation in the damaged areas. I always feel better afterward.
    On the one hand, I'm curious what the heck you guys are talking about. On the other hand, I think I will likely regret the results of an internet search on those particular words.