3 x (50 AFAP + 100 EZ)
back, breast, back kick

50 EZ

1 x 50 back @ 100 pace

150 EZ

Total: 2000

RC exercises, 20 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nice dip in a cool pool on a ridiculously hot day! Now I'm off to a S&T clinic. I resent having to go to those every two years. Such a waste of time.

Submit "LCM Wed, June 20" to Digg Submit "LCM Wed, June 20" to del.icio.us Submit "LCM Wed, June 20" to StumbleUpon Submit "LCM Wed, June 20" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Jealous of your LCM.

I hate the S&T clinics as well. To be honest, after baking on deck this past weekend with no breaks, I'm seriously considering giving up S&T and finding something like Swimmer 5/6 computer operator or announcing that I can do in the shade while sitting down. My back just doesn't seem to hold up well to standing for 5+ hours straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    To be honest, after baking on deck this past weekend with no breaks, I'm seriously considering giving up S&T and finding something like Swimmer 5/6 computer operator or announcing that I can do in the shade while sitting down. My back just doesn't seem to hold up well to standing for 5+ hours straight.
    Or you could try out being a starter. Maybe you could "anticipate the start" better when it's time to go.

I found myself doing this when I was taking splits to help the coaches for the local team at our last home meet here. Sometimes, I'd be starting the watch when I'd like to hear the beep...but sometimes those starters are so dang slooooooooooooow.
    Starters are still standing though. I'm not surprised all the standing bothers your back. I hope you're not baking in the sun the next couple weeks before Omaha!
    I like this workout! It's a perfect LCM workout, as long as you don't swim with anyone trying to rush through it with intervals. I'd probably do more freestyle/fly and not back/breast.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    I like this workout! It's a perfect LCM workout, as long as you don't swim with anyone trying to rush through it with intervals. I'd probably do more freestyle/fly and not back/breast.
    Susan and I are blissfully unconcerned with intervals. And the absence of a pace clock helps keep us blissful.

We are both backstrokers and trying to get used to long course backstroke, hence the emphasis. Because of my shoulder, I've done virtually zilch freestyle in months. Hoping the long course 50 free at Omaha (first event) won't bash up my shoulder too much.

AFAP 50s are more taxing in long course. So doing too many of them would be counterproductive (and inconsistent with taper for me).