The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, June 21

Rate this Entry
Gym:

RC/scapula exercises, 30 min

Yoga/Foam Roller, 40 min

Acupuncture/Cupping, 45 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nothing much on the agenda today. It is brutally hot here. I can hardly believe Lil Fort has track practice. At least she has a swim team dinner afterward!

Submit "Thursday, June 21" to Digg Submit "Thursday, June 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, June 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, June 21" to Google

Updated June 22nd, 2012 at 09:40 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Yoga

Comments

It just got the same way with the heat here in the Inland NW today as well. We're over 90 degrees now, which isn't incredibly hot yet, but compared to the 70s that we've been in, this is cooking!!
    What do you do on the foam roller? I have a standard one that I mainly use in the standard undignified butt/hip rolls, sometimes lie on it for my arms and chest in even more undignified poses. Then a good mediveal impression of the rack, ahh....I also have my travel size foam roller, good for even more targeted butt loosening, doubles as my girls' earth (with masking tape continents) for sci projects. But i'd like some more inspiration. I don't think i'm unleashing the power of my foam rollers.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    What do you do on the foam roller? I have a standard one that I mainly use in the standard undignified butt/hip rolls, sometimes lie on it for my arms and chest in even more undignified poses. Then a good mediveal impression of the rack, ahh....I also have my travel size foam roller, good for even more targeted butt loosening, doubles as my girls' earth (with masking tape continents) for sci projects. But i'd like some more inspiration. I don't think i'm unleashing the power of my foam rollers.
    I'm sure there are many more expert than me! I use it on upper back, lower back, lats/shoulders, hip roll outs, IT band, hammies, quads, calves. I think The Stick might be better at getting the calves. I really need a travel size one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    It just got the same way with the heat here in the Inland NW today as well. We're over 90 degrees now, which isn't incredibly hot yet, but compared to the 70s that we've been in, this is cooking!!
    96+ today. You don't want to be outside unless you're in a pool! I absolutely love mid 70s.
    We have a swim meet here this weekend and its forecast to be in 90's and windy. ugh! I wish I could escape to the mountains but since I'm tapering the hike probably wouldn't be very restful.
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    We have a swim meet here this weekend and its forecast to be in 90's and windy. ugh! I wish I could escape to the mountains but since I'm tapering the hike probably wouldn't be very restful.
    No hiking!!!! Gotta rest thr legs. You have the rest of the summer to escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    96+ today. You don't want to be outside unless you're in a pool! I absolutely love mid 70s.