2 x (25 AFAP dolphin kick + 25 EZ)
50 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP fly
3 x 50 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP fly
3 x 50 EZ

Total: 2300

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Had to swim solo today because I had to travel to Rockville early. Summer swim league events are interfering with my life! And the first A meet of the season is tomorrow am. Poor Teen Fort. Her flight back from rowing camp is delayed 5 hours, and she hasn't touched water in awhile. Lil Fort is all excited.

Swimming was a bit of a challenge today until the AFAP efforts. There were a plethora of very slow long course breaststrokers. Makes it hard to do backstroke.

Submit "Friday, June 21" to Digg Submit "Friday, June 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, June 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, June 21" to Google

Updated June 22nd, 2012 at 08:55 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Had to swim solo today because I had to travel to Rockville early today.
    So sad to not be there today but we had an awesome time at the zoo so it was worth missing a swim! But yikes, less than two weeks until nationals! I might try to get in one last swim there next Wednesday before we leave for Trials!
    There were a plethora of very slow long course breaststrokers. Makes it hard to do backstroke
    Try to time it right and SDK under them! It makes 'em happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Roddin
    So sad to not be there today but we had an awesome time at the zoo so it was worth missing a swim! But yikes, less than two weeks until nationals! I might try to get in one last swim there next Wednesday before we leave for Trials!
    I'm sure Rachel had more fun too! Let me know what time you're going on Wed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Try to time it right and SDK under them! It makes 'em happy.
    I did that. Still, once you're swimming backstroke, the risk of injury from scattered swimmers doing slow mo breast is high.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I did that. Still, once you're swimming backstroke, the risk of injury from scattered swimmers doing slow mo breast is high.
    True. Also a reason I don't go to the lap swims in the afternoon at the outdoor pool here in town either.
    • No lanelines - many issues with other lap swimmers, can't seem to follow the line, especially when they're on the back doing something related to swimming.
    • Widths - lessons are done in the shallow end, so the lap swimmers have to go the short length of the pool. I can do 25 yards across town at the indoor YMCA pool, and I'm already a member so no extra cost either. Also...I don't care to train LCM
    Sorry I couldn't meet you but I did make it around 1:30 with Margaret. We did various 50's but nothing fast. It cleared out at the end of our swim and it was quite nice. BTW my elbow feels great and pain free! I can't believe the difference it makes in my life being pain free. Now I just need to think about a shot for my shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suna Fis
    BTW my elbow feels great and pain free! I can't believe the difference it makes in my life being pain free. Now I just need to think about a shot for my shoulder.
    That is fantastic news! It's horrible to be in pain.

Can cortisone help an impingement? I would think maybe temporarily, but when it wears off you'll feel the inflammation again from the acromium rubbing against the RC?
    Updated June 23rd, 2012 at 02:46 PM by The Fortress
    Poor Teen Fort. Her flight back from rowing camp is delayed 5 hours, and she hasn't touched water in awhile
    Which camp did she attend? Did she enjoy herself?
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.carlson
    Which camp did she attend? Did she enjoy herself?
    She was at Harvard. She really liked the camp, and likes the lightweight coach. She's got two other camps this summer as well. There's only 3 lightweights spots at the colleges that have lightweight programs, so the competition is rough. The fastest lightweight in the country (won Crash Bs) recently popped a 7:12, extremely impressive.
    She was at Harvard. She really liked the camp, and likes the lightweight coach. She's got two other camps this summer as well. There's only 3 lightweights spots at the colleges that have lightweight programs, so the competition is rough.
    That will be tough! Will she be doing the Princeton camp? A friend's daughter rowed for Princeton lightweights and has very positive things to say about the coach and team.

The fastest lightweight in the country (won Crash Bs) recently popped a 7:12, extremely impressive.
    Yeah, that is extremely fast. I wonder if she will be recruited to row open weight, her power to weight ratio has to be really impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.carlson
    That will be tough! Will she be doing the Princeton camp? A friend's daughter rowed for Princeton lightweights and has very positive things to say about the coach and team.

Yeah, that is extremely fast. I wonder if she will be recruited to row open weight, her power to weight ratio has to be really impressive.
    Teen Fort will be at the Princeton camp at the end of next week. That's good to know about the coach b/c she hasn't met him yet. My son's best friend rows there and likes the lightweight men's program.

The 7:12 rower could definitely make an open weight program. But the rumor is that she is most interested in the Princeton lightweight program.