w/fins:

4 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00, fast hands
50 EZ
4 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00, dolphin on back
50 EZ
4 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00, dolphin on belly
50 EZ

8 x 25
odds = up tempo free @ :30 (11 high-12 flat)
evens = EZ @ :45
50 EZ

8 x 25
odds = up tempo back @ :30 (11 high)
evens = EZ @ :45
50 EZ

1 x 50 back @ 100 pace (24)
200 EZ

1 x 50 fly AFAP (23 mid, slowish, bad breakouts)
200 EZ

Total: 2600

Acupuncture, 45 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Summer is feeling even busier than the school year. I was swamped yesterday with appts, kid stuff and a Monday night meet to officiate. Lil Fort has decided she likes backstroke. I was on a media blackout all day so I could come home and watch the swim and track OTs on the DVR. I must admit I was rooting for Lochte, and it's unclear what Phelps can do to beat him in London.

10 more days until Omaha. I'm really too busy to think much about taper or how I feel in the water (not sharp yet). Probably a good thing I guess. Plus, I don't have the same expectations in LCM where, unlike Water Rat, I have no aerobic conditioning. Hopefully, I've dragged myself out to Rockville a sufficient amount so that LCM doesn't feel utterly foreign.

My shoulder feels decent today. And I'm looking forward to a deep tissue later.

Submit "Monday, June 25" to Digg Submit "Monday, June 25" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, June 25" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, June 25" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

unlike Water Rat, I have no aerobic conditioning.
    but then again, he's no sprinter!

I'm really looking forward to the daily updates from Omaha. Wish I could be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    but then again, he's no sprinter!

I'm really looking forward to the daily updates from Omaha. Wish I could be there.
    I'm sure I could use some for Omaha! The 100 LCM sprints definitely involve aerobic work. But I didn't really have to time to ramp up that component with so little time between Greensboro and Omaha and no ability to train with my team. I'll be faking the 100 back. :-)