4 twirling @ :45
50 EZ

4 x 50 fly drill
4 x 50 smooth back
4 x 50 breast drill
100 EZ

4 x 25 long breast pullouts
100 EZ

Total: 1750? I thought I did 2000, but can't remember what else I did. Taper senility ...

15 min hottub

Massage, 75 min

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Really tough day today -- slept in, easy swim, massage and OT viewing. I think I will venture out to Rockville for possibly my final LCM swim. It's supposed to be sunny and mid-70s tomorrow and then descend into a heat wave later in the week.

I was bummed to see Coughlin die so badly in the last 25 of the 100 fly. I hope the same thing doesn't happen in the 100 back, but it may.

As I mentioned on the HIT forum, I found this article about the wedges on the FINA starting blocks: http://www.usaswimming.org/ViewNewsA...=4340&mid=8712. Since I'm pretty flexible, I may try starting out at setting 1. My flight is supposed to arrive at 3:46 pm on Thursday so I should have time to try a couple starts that night. I don't want to do too many, but I'd like to feel comfortable.

Submit "Tuesday, June 26" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, June 26" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, June 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, June 26" to Google

Updated June 26th, 2012 at 09:54 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I was really bummed too about Natalie- I'm hoping she just had a bad night and can bounce back tonight. But did you notice her SDKs were not as sharp as usual? She normally has more of a lead off the walls, especially in backstroke.
    I have to think that Coughlin is a smarter racer than people are giving her credit for. This is the Olympics, only the top 3 spots matter, especially for the well sponsored previous medalists. If Coughlin can't keep up with Vollmer, she isn't going to medal. At the 75 she knew that was the case, so why not shut down and save it for the backstroke?
    I'm sure she was cruising her backstroke in prelims with the 1:00.7. But why swim 3 rounds of 100 fly if she wasn't gunning for a spot? I couldn't tell whether she shut it down at the 75 or died. She does have a habit of dying at the end and I've heard her comment that her "endurance is what it is."

I agree on the SDKs Neill. She came up slightly early in the final of fly and was only even with Vollmer. Hopefully, they'll be sharp in the 100 back final tonight because she needs a lead going in to the last 25.
    Here's what Coughlin said about the 100 fly:

"I was hoping to have a better 100 fly than I did, but you pay for it when you go out too hard like I did," Coughlin said. "After that, I just refocused on the 100 backstroke knowing that all that matters is I get a lane for tomorrow night."

They didn't broadcast the 100 back semis last night. But, looking at the times now, I think she's going to be hard pressed to beat Franklin and Boostma ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    They didn't broadcast the 100 back semis last night. But, looking at the times now, I think she's going to be hard pressed to beat Franklin and Boostma ...
    Jeez, agreed. I just saw the times, and it looks like making the team is going to require being under the AR.

I liked my theory... thanks for trouncing all over it with reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Jeez, agreed. I just saw the times, and it looks like making the team is going to require being under the AR.

I liked my theory... thanks for trouncing all over it with reality.
    I was worried about her heading into these trials. At this point she may be lucky to get on the 400 free relay ... I hope she comes up big in the 100 back tonight, but she hasn't gone 59.0 in the last 4 years and she won't see Franklin/Boostma in that outside lane.