8 x (25 UW dolphin + 25 easy kick)
6 x 50 burst + cruise
6 x (25 up tempo + 25 EZ)
-- 2 free, 2 breast, 2 back
2 x (25 AFAP dolphin kick + 75 EZ)
50 EZ

Total: 1950 m

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's probably my last LCM swim. It's not worth the commute for a 1500 swim. Today I was stuck on the beltway (accident) forever.

I also plan to do some RC exercises and foam rolling tonight. I finally tried on my 2XU compression top that I want to use at Nats. Water Rat was right -- really really difficult to get on. It's a two person job.

Looking forward to more trials coverage tonight. I doubt they'll show the semi-finals with only an hour allotted. Teen Fort is rooting for an old boyfriend in the finals of the 100 back.

Meanwhile, I have a very lazy weekend ahead! Mr. Fort and Lil Fort are heading up to NY to visit relatives. Teen Fort is at the Princeton rowing camp (she is now besotted with the campus). So it's just Fort Son and me. With the Tour starting up, I foresee serious coach time.

Submit "Wed., Jun 27" to Digg Submit "Wed., Jun 27" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed., Jun 27" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed., Jun 27" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

On Trials coverage, is there full finals coverage on nbcolympics.com or is our only option TV?

Princeton is gorgeous, for sure.

It's a good time to be a sports fan: in addition to all the various trials going on, we've got Wimbledon starting up and the Tour. I wish I had more hours to be a couch potato.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    On Trials coverage, is there full finals coverage on nbcolympics.com or is our only option TV?

Princeton is gorgeous, for sure.

It's a good time to be a sports fan: in addition to all the various trials going on, we've got Wimbledon starting up and the Tour. I wish I had more hours to be a couch potato.
    Kirk mentioned that there were videos of semi-finals on NBC's site, so I may check that.

It's rare for me to have couch potato time, so I'll be milking it. Very good timing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    It's rare for me to have couch potato time, so I'll be milking it. Very good timing too.
    Great timing!! I'm milking it too. With Poolraat Jr. and I both tapering, the yard is going to be a jungle when we get back from Omaha. I''l brobably have to rent a sheep to get the grass trimmed down to something the mower can handle!
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    rent a sheep
    Too funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    to rent a sheep to get the grass trimmed down to something the mower can handle!
    Go Arizona easy with your yard by ripping up the grass and putting down rocks.
    The compression top is a 2 person job (I assume you got a S), BUT I have now put it on/off several times and it does stretch...which is actually a good thing because of how tight it is! The off part definitly gets much easier, the on part has a few tricks...just as our race suits do....make sure you have no bunched up areas. Did you get the tights as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noonswimmer
    The compression top is a 2 person job (I assume you got a S), BUT I have now put it on/off several times and it does stretch...which is actually a good thing because of how tight it is! The off part definitly gets much easier, the on part has a few tricks...just as our race suits do....make sure you have no bunched up areas. Did you get the tights as well?
    Yes, got a S. I got it off easily enough, but did suffer from the bunched up aspect of getting it on. I do have the tights and have used those at meets before. I was thinking the compression top might help my shoulder some between swims/days.
    I'm sure you'll have plenty of offers to aid in getting the top off and on.
    Definitely wear at least the tights whether you feel u need them or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm sure you'll have plenty of offers to aid in getting the top off and on.
    Definitely wear at least the tights whether you feel u need them or not.
    I've worn my tights at meets before. They seemed to help at NE SCM champs when I used them. I can't recall if I had them at the pool at SCY Nats ...
    USA Swimming has a video stream, although it seems to be "off air" frequently.