50 EZ
2 x (25 up tempo + 25 EZ)
100 back EZ

Total: 1300

Acupuncture, 45 min

RC/Stretching/Foam rolling, 30 min

Planning to do this soon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am really really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. I was on a mattress on the first floor of our house last night. (My bedroom is on the third floor, which was an oven.) The house is finally cooled down now though. I don't feel very good in the water, but that's probably from being so tired. Right now I'm just trying to stay mentally positive in the face of a compromised taper. It's hell when life gets in the way of life!

It was very nice to see Speedo today. Why, he barely looks like a swimmer anymore now that he's a multi sporter. I tried to goad him into a 100 free for time, but he was having none of it. He was talking smack about doing the 200 IM at the Hains Point meet. I tried to warn him about the the lack of fly and breast turns, but he is embracing being a show pony in a niche market.

I've tried twice to go to the grocery store after throwing out two fridge/freezers full of food, but there were no parking spots. So I remain in the AC waiting for the rest of my family to get back home.

Submit "Tuesday, July 3" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, July 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, July 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, July 3" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

Who is this Speedo that you speak of? Good luck in Omaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Who is this Speedo that you speak of? Good luck in Omaha!
    Thx Tom.

Speedo has decided he's not a summertime blogger.
    I'm sorry that you've had such a rough week. We keep hearing reports from back home and it sounds miserable.

Stay positive. You will swim great no matter what! You have put in the hard work before this storm mess and once you get there and see how awesome this pool is you will WANT to swim fast in it and a messed up taper and all the craziness of the storm won't matter at all! Can't wait to see you!!!!!
    Updated July 3rd, 2012 at 10:36 PM by Julie Roddin
    Enjoy the meet Fort and swim fast. The storm is over and there are blue skies ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Roddin
    I'm sorry that you've had such a rough week. We keep hearing reports from back home and it sounds miserable.

Stay positive. You will swim great no matter what! You have put in the hard work before this storm mess and once you get there and see how awesome this pool is you will WANT to swim fast in it and a messed up taper and all the craziness of the storm won't matter at all! Can't wait to see you!!!!!
    Thx Julie. . Loved looking at all your photos! Hopefully, I'll be more excited once I get there. A couple good nights sleep would help. Good luck on Thursday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Enjoy the meet Fort and swim fast. The storm is over and there are blue skies ahead.
    Thx Bill. Since I didn't sign up for the 100 fly, my odds of enjoying the meet are better than last summer!