View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, July 6

Rate this Entry
Everything went smoothly on the trip to Omaha! Got to the pool before 5:00. The comp pool wasn't an option because the meet was way off schedule. No matter because the warm up pool was divine. I stayed in the 25 meter lanes and just loosened up, no more than 500. Did four starts on the wedge blocks using setting #2. So much more power! Not as sure about the backstroke starts ... There are two choices for hand position -- one higher and one lower than I'm used to. I probably go with the high one. Those FINA walls are slippery.

I'm happy just to feel a glimmer of excitement. The power outage was a real joy sucker. I'm ready for another good nights sleep since the 50 free isn't until 11:55 tomorrow.

Submit "Thursday, July 6" to Digg Submit "Thursday, July 6" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, July 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, July 6" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

For backstroke starts there is a third option. You can grab the sides in between the two horizontal bars. A vertical option! This is one of my weaker efforts as far as causing fretting goes...
    I'm happy just to feel a glimmer of excitement. The power outage was a real joy sucker. I'm ready for another good nights sleep since the 50 free isn't until 11:55 tomorrow.
    And on top of that...you're in Central Time, or something like that, so it's like and "after-lunch 12:55" swim for your East Coast body. That should make you happy.

Remember to smile, it feels better.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    For backstroke starts there is a third option. You can grab the sides in between the two horizontal bars. A vertical option! This is one of my weaker efforts as far as causing fretting goes...
    I saw that! I used that option for the first time at Greensboro, but was somewhat flat on the start. I was lucky to have Mike Collins give me some good tips on my wedge block starts. See you tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    And on top of that...you're in Central Time, or something like that, so it's like and "after-lunch 12:55" swim for your East Coast body. That should make you happy.

Remember to smile, it feels better.
    I did today! All my events are later than Greensboro. That and the slight time change make me quite happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I did today! All my events are later than Greensboro. That and the slight time change make me quite happy.
    The time change is the only thing that makes me leery about coming back East for a meet one of these days/months/years. I still have to find a good one that gets the most "bang for my buck" though. Hopefully one nearby a major airport that I don't have to make 13 transfers across the country to get to. And cheapo lodging on a couch makes me happy too!
    The time change is the only thing that makes me leery about coming back East for a meet one of these days/months/years. I still have to find a good one that gets the most "bang for my buck" though. Hopefully one nearby a major airport that I don't have to make 13 transfers across the country to get to. And cheapo lodging on a couch makes me happy too!
    I often swim best when I don't travel. One hour time change is my current limit.

I think the New England SCY and SCM meets are the biggest here on the east coast. All day meet; you could swim 5 events per day! What about Indy SCY Nats next spring? You could meet all the east coast bloggers.
    I'm planning to attend Indy next spring. And I may have to make a trip up the New England at some point. You know I'd be crazy enough to swim about everything available to me.
    Glad you arrived safe & sound! I was following your FB posts on the power outage, and I guess I was telling my other half. One day he asked, "did that woman ever get her power back?" I had to go on to see (I think it was your last day).

Glad to hear the pool is great too!

Swim fast, hope you break some records

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I often swim best when I don't travel. One hour time change is my current limit.

I think the New England SCY and SCM meets are the biggest here on the east coast. All day meet; you could swim 5 events per day! What about Indy SCY Nats next spring? You could meet all the east coast bloggers.
    I really liked that NE SCM meet in Boston last Dec and am already planning on doing it this year, probably both days. I think I swam better there than at local meets, but I only did 3 events -v- 6 or whatever I usually do here. And I think swimming a meet at an indoor pool was faster.
    I'll have to work with James on finding cheap airfare and hotel
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I'll have to work with James on finding cheap airfare and hotel
    LIKE!!
    LIKE!!
    Remember the time James thought he was on Facebook but couldn't find the like button, so he just typed the word in? That was funny.
    Glad to hear you are getting all glimmery now