Rate this Entry
went to Mesa-Kino for the AM masters swim workout
we were in the main pool (SCY)...on the end with the bulkhead as a wall
Paul & Laura were coaching, I was with Paul's group

got in 400 w/u

4 x 25 @ 25, free
4 x 50 @ 50, stroke (did breast)
4 x 75 @ 1:15, free
4 x 100 @ 1:40, supposed to be IM (did fr/bk/br/fr)

1000 neg split (ouch)

4 x 25 @ :30 power kick (used fins)
4 x 50 @ 1:00, swim (kept the fins on)
4 x 75 @ 1:30, u/w kick (again fins)
4 x 100 @ 2:00 (I think I just swam this)

500 fast for time (6:25ish)

200 w/d

TTL: 4100 yards

we had a decent turnout, but there weren't many fast people there. somehow I ended up in the 2nd fastest lane.
I went 3rd in the lane for the first bit, and was fine going last for the 1000. I started catching the gal in front of me, but then I just inserted a 25 breast. she stopped to let me go, so I didn't get to do an easy draft as I initially planned

the last 500 was supposed to be 2 x 500, but we didn't have enough time. and Paul wanted us to use fins + paddles. I put on my fins, put on my paddles, but then a strap came out of my paddles. I got it back in, put them on...and it immediately came out again. the others in the lane already left, so I kinda just jumped in after they both did 100.

after work, I went over to the 24 Hour Fitness @ Mesa-Riverview, and here's what I did:

Tmill: 26 min, 335 cal, 2.92 miles, avg 6.7 mph
2 min warmup
Start at 6.6 mph, gradual increase to 7.7 mph
1 min warmdown

Leg rolling: 5 min
Plank w forearms on roller: 2 x 1:40
Side plank: 2 min done as 30 right, 30 left, repeat

Dumbbell chest press: 1 x 12 x 47.5, 1 x 12 x 55, 2 x 10 x 60, 1 x 6 x 65...barely

Triceps skull crushers: 3 x 12 x 60 + 6 narrow presses after each set

Star trak pec fly: 1 x 15 x 120, 1 x 12 x 150, 1 x 12 x 165, 2 x 10 x 180

I really went with no real set plan. figured I'd jump on the treadmill, see how it felt, do some leg rolling, then go from there.
I hadn't run for 2 or 3 weeks. I wanted to in NYC (had planned to run in CP, or at least Battery Park near my hotel), but just didn't have the time.

I think it was a bit warm in the gym, my shirt was totally soaked by the time I finished on the treadmill, and of course I forgot a hand towel. I used some paper towels to clean off my machine, and myself as best I could

the leg rolling and first set of planks felt fine. those side planks really hit me though, I usually do sets of 45 sec, but today 30 was more than enough.

really didn't want to bench a barbell, and I can't remember the last time I benched dumbbells, so that was a good move. I probably did more than I should have, and I'll probably feel it on Friday.
I did take the skull crushers a little lighter, but I'm sure I'll still feel those (I almost always do, especially after time off)
it is rare that I find the pec fly machine vacant, it is the most popular machine in the whole gym. I ran over to it....and it felt fine too. lifted just a little lighter than normal, but not too far off.

I'm thinking of doing the AZ LMSC Long Course meet in a few weeks:
http://www.teamunify.com/EventShow.j...54&team=amsmac
Probably just Saturday.
the events I'm thinking of:
1500 free
100 free
100 breast
400 free

the 1500/100 and 100br/400 fr are back to back, but there should be some time in between.

Submit "Wednesday 07112012 workouts" to Digg Submit "Wednesday 07112012 workouts" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday 07112012 workouts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday 07112012 workouts" to Google

Comments

Sign up for the meet and have fun with it! At least your 1500 is the first event of the series...and if you don't like the first back to back, you could always do the 200 Fly instead.
    That is cool that you are doing the meet. If nothing else, you will get a good workout from that schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Sign up for the meet and have fun with it! At least your 1500 is the first event of the series...and if you don't like the first back to back, you could always do the 200 Fly instead.
    Just for kicks, I did some fly during my swim workout this morning. There's NFW I'd even attempt a 200 fly. Heck, just finishing a 50 LCM fly would be a struggle (I'm sure I could do it, but my time would be something like 50).

Now if they let me sub in a 200 breast in a fly heat, I'd consider it. I'm nowhere near any top 10 or anything like that, so I'd just do it for fun. Except I can't imagine all of the chop doing breaststroke in a heat of butterfly