View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 08/18/12: OW

Rate this Entry
I was able to sneak in a very quick OW swim in the Cooper Bay area of Lake Champlain, the thirteenth largest lake in these United States. My wife and I made the three hour trip north to celebrate my aunt's 60th birthday party, and I had a great time catching up with family that I have not seen in many years.

After lunch (salmon, three various salads, a Mtn Dew, corn on the cob, some tortilla chips with a great cheesy-meat dip, and some baked beans), Lena looked happy conversing with the clan so with a fully belly I hopped in and ended up swimming a triangular 0.84 mile loop in 25:50. The water was beautiful, very smooth and clear (could see down to the bottom) and remarkably light as far as boat traffic is concerned. Only one jetskiier to keep an eye on, but I was swimming with my orange buoy and a neon green cap in order to be visible. I came back to shore and was able to get one of the last pieces of ice cream cake.

Spent the rest of the afternoon/evening enjoying the company of family before Lena and I headed home back down Rte. 7. If I am able to make it back to that area again in the future, I will plan on a longer swim with a less-full belly!

----------
Oh, the gal from Lena's trip has is off the ICU, has been extubated, and is now on one medicine for controlling the seizures. West Nile virus might be the culprit, but we are all thankful that she is doing much better at this point.

Submit "Workout 08/18/12: OW" to Digg Submit "Workout 08/18/12: OW" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 08/18/12: OW" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 08/18/12: OW" to Google

Updated August 19th, 2012 at 01:44 AM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Open Water

Comments