View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Saturday with my son

Rate this Entry
My son is not a swimmer but he decided(much to my surprise and my joy) that he was going to come to the pool with me this afternoon. This was a public session as opposed to the masters workout. He played on the diving boards while I swam. I honestly think he was trying to make waves to see how I reacted which was fine by me. He had lots of fun and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Warm up
400 free
6x50 free drill
5x100 kick on 1.50

Main set
10x100 free with paddles and pull bouy on 1.20. I held between 1.08 and 1.03. Not intentionally I picked up the pace when the guy I was sharing the lane with got out. Felt good.

Warm down
100 easy
2x25 under water
100 easy

My chest felt like jelo midway through my warm down, I guess I went harder on the main pull set than I thought. My intent was to have a fairly leisurely workout which this obviously was.

My son and I hung out for a while after the swim. We went in the hot tub and checked out the weight room, which he is anxious to use(he has one year fil he is technically old enough). We then went and grabbed a coffee together at starbucks and had a great time.

Submit "Saturday with my son" to Digg Submit "Saturday with my son" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday with my son" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday with my son" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments