View RSS Feed

Blog

12\29\12 Overwhelmed with Lazy - Stayed Dry

Rate this Entry
by , December 29th, 2012 at 05:48 PM (252 Views)
Weights

• Single movement barbell snatch (from floor)
    • 16 x 1 x 110 lbs on 1:00

• Plank, unsupported, straight posture
    • 5:03 (PB)

• Standing calf raises
    • 1 x 8 x 90 lbs* each foot (*plus 163 lbs body weight)
    • 1 x 8 x 110 lbs* "
    • 1 x 6 x 130 lbs* "
    • 1 x 4 x 150 lbs* "

• Standing dumbell curl/shoulder press
    • 3 x 10 x 25 lbs each arm
    • 1 x 10 x 30 lbs each arm

Next time I do the snatch I must lower the weight just immediately after movement is finished, it seems holding it up "locked" several seconds as I do, is aggravating to my trick (left) shoulder. No inflammation, just the same loose, unsupported feeling I get from swimming continuous free excessively.

Prior best plank was 4:15. Not really certain the activity of such a feat provides any beneficial effect on training, specifically for short swimming events, but I certainly feel it the following day. Nevertheless, increasing plank endurance seems to be more of a pain coping exercise.

Calves: I notice the top sprinters all have pronounced calf muscles (i.e., Popov, Biondi). Of course they are needed for the explosive launch from the platform, but would it be reaching to say calves provide lift? Anyway, I like to work these muscles hard, despite the lack of genetic calf proportions I inherited.

Submit "12\29\12 Overwhelmed with Lazy - Stayed Dry" to Digg Submit "12\29\12 Overwhelmed with Lazy - Stayed Dry" to del.icio.us Submit "12\29\12 Overwhelmed with Lazy - Stayed Dry" to StumbleUpon Submit "12\29\12 Overwhelmed with Lazy - Stayed Dry" to Google

Updated December 29th, 2012 at 05:57 PM by __steve__

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments