View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Swim Racing Treats

Rate this Entry
by , March 1st, 2013 at 03:50 PM (95 Views)
I'm not going to end up getting in the pool today as work, one sick kid and then my second daughter's participation in the Arizona Senior State Championship meet will get in the way of training. In exchange for training, though, I'm going to get a real treat watching that meet tonight as:
  • Men's 100 free final tonight includes Matt Grevers, Roland Schoeman and Darian Townsend.
  • Men's 200 breast includes both Austen Thompsen and Clark Burckle

I hope they don't scratch as this should make for great viewing.

Submit "Swim Racing Treats" to Digg Submit "Swim Racing Treats" to del.icio.us Submit "Swim Racing Treats" to StumbleUpon Submit "Swim Racing Treats" to Google

Comments

Feel free to videotape the men's 100 free for the rest of us that can't attend the race. I wouldn't waste tape on any breastroke event though(unless Geek is swimming)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Feel free to videotape the men's 100 free for the rest of us that can't attend the race.
    It was a great race to watch; I was at the turn end behind lanes 3 and 4 and got soaked. Schoeman pulled out the win at 42.3, with Grevers closing hard (but too little too late) at 42.4. In addition to those two guys, South African Olympian Darian Townsend and Robert Hurley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_..._%28swimmer%29) were in the heat. The crowd was jazzed.

The FORD guys (Hurley, Burckle, Grevers and Townsend) also did a 200 Medley relay at 1:24.86, with Grevers' fly (19.8) almost outsplitting Townsend's free (19.7). I noted that the Texas men just won their conference meet in 1:25 low.

My daughter did video Grevers' free, so I'll see if I can post it. It's not the best angle as the deck was crowded.
    It looks like Garrett got it for swimswam -- http://swimswam.com/schoeman-and-gre...f-the-weekend/.
    Patrick, Thank you.