View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Tuesday 07232013

Rate this Entry
got out for a usual spin on the bike this morning;
Ahwatukee spin 51.88 mi 02:49 18.4mph pace

Mostly a usual spin out to Ahwatukee this morning. Did my usual loop to the Sheraton loop, then onto Pecos to Liberty to DFP. Did a Chandler-5th Ave loop, turned around then another round of DFP full on (with the hill). On my way home, I passed a cyclist on Ray Rd, said my usual, "morning." Then at 48th St I stopped at the light, he was right behind me. Turned out he was someone who I've been following on DailyMile for a while (a year or so). We rode together the rest of the way...well I was up front and pulled him It did keep me going a little faster than normal I think and the last stretch on Pecos didn't seem so bad.
http://app.strava.com/activities/69220321

one of my co-workers was in town and staying at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass last night (doing a site visit for an event), so I wore my company's bike kit this morning, just in case she happened to see me. of course she didn't, but a few people know me by it, which is what happened today. I rarely wear it for that reason, I prefer to go incognito

went up to Mesa-Kino for the PM masters swim workout
we were in the main pool (same spot as yesterday)
Gabe coached

400 w/u

10 x 50 pull @ 1:00, with buoy + paddles

5 x 50 kick @ 1:30, 25 FAST/25 easy (with fins + board)

main 1:
4 x 100 @ 2:00
--#1, 1st 25 fast, #2, 2nd 25 fast, #3 3rd 25 fast, #4 4th 25 fast

main 2:
4 x 100 @ 2:00
--#1 1st 25 fast
--#2 1st 50 fast
--#3 1st 75 fast
--#4 all FAST (went off the block, 1:05)

200 easy

main 3:
4 x 100 @ 2:00, best average
(came in at 1:12, 1:11, 1:10, 1:08)

500 w/d
(did 100 swim, 300 pull w/agility paddles, 100 swim)

TTL: 3050 yards

I was in the exact same lane as I was yesterday. except today I had the whole lane to myself -v- sharing with 4 others
the aerator was going into the next lane. someone else grabbed that lane before me.
we only had 8 people. I don't know why, but a few shared lanes, and there were empty lanes, including one next to me.

anyway, my legs still felt fried, especially when I did those fast kicks. I was glad it was only 25 fast, as I don't know if I could have done more.

the main set was good. I did breast on main 1 for the fast bits, and it felt pretty good. the rest I did free.
not exactly sure why I did that one off the block, it had been a while since I did that. my goal was under 1:07 so I'm happy with 1:05.
I liked that last set, and was kind of surprised that I dropped time through it.

I think this is the first time I had seen Gabe coach. he was an age group swimmer, his father used to swim with masters. I asked if he is still swimming, and he said sometimes. he helps Jack with the age group kids, and evidently fills in when Paul/Laura need a masters coach.

Submit "Tuesday 07232013" to Digg Submit "Tuesday 07232013" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday 07232013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday 07232013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Cycling

Comments