View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Thursday 07252013

Rate this Entry
went out for a spin on my bike this morning, but things weren't meant to be...
Aborted ride 7.74 mi 00:32 14.4mph pace

One of those days when I should have stayed in bed. Something didn't feel right when I turned onto Queen Creek, and of course got a flat just after. Then blew a tube blowing it up, and my other spare had a pinhole in it. While all this was going on the storm was building around me, so I called for a rescue. Barely got to the Circle K (and in the vehicle) before the storm started. Maybe tomorrow...
http://app.strava.com/activities/69702474

the funny thing is, I looked at accuweather before I left home. according to the radar, the storm was moving away from town. it was just cloudy when I left home, so I figured I'd give it a shot. oh well...

along with the morning, it was raining and thundering as I drove over to the gym later today. outside pools always close when it is storming, but my gym pool never does. I guess I should look up how safe it is to swim there while it is storming... but it was mostly tapered off by the time I got there (just a light drizzle).

after work I went over to the Chandler 24 Hour Fitness for a solo swim:

500 w/u

3 x 200 kick @ 3:40, w/fins + board
done as 25 flutter/25 dolphin

4 x 50 swim w/fins @ 1:00
done as a 25 easy free, rest ~5 sec, 25 fast fly

breaststroke set:
2 x 50 breast @ 1:00
2 x 50 breast w/large paddles upside down @ 1:00
2 x 50 breast w/breast fins @ :55
2 x 50 breast w/breast fins + fingertip paddles @ :55
2 x 50 breast w/fingertip paddles @ :55
2 x 50 breast @ 1:00
2 x 50 breast kick @ 1:00, board only

8 x 100 pull @ 1:30, w/buoy + Agility paddles

200 w/d

TTL: 3700 yards

unfortunately the heater is fixed and back on. it wasn't nearly as warm as Kino has been, but definitely warmer than it had been. and along with warmer water, more people in the pool...
when I first got there, I snagged the wall lane. but thankfully the next lane opened up after my warmup so I moved over. but there were others in the pool the whole time I swam. I thought doing some fly might scare them away, but no such luck.

this swim is not at all what I had planned. well I had a long swim in mind, if the water was cool. since that was out, I had my backup of some aerobic stuff. but after doing the fly, I was pretty wiped out and there was no way that was happening. so I improvised and threw in that breaststroke set.

a strap on my Catalyst paddles snapped on Tuesday, and I kept forgetting to change it, which is why I used the Agility paddles yesterday and today. well...they do make a good alternative, and no straps to worry about. but I did change the tube after I got home tonight, so I'm set for next swim.

after today's ride, I was able to re-arrange my schedule for tomorrow, and my goal is to get out early for a ride. then work from home for the morning. sneak off to swim the noon workout (haven't decided on Kino or Skyline), then go to my office for a few hours.
well that's the goal, we'll see what happens.

Submit "Thursday 07252013" to Digg Submit "Thursday 07252013" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday 07252013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday 07252013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Cycling

Comments