View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Team Practice, Sunday, May 3

Rate this Entry
Dragged myself out of bed today. Pretty sore from weights. But made it to my team practice.

Warm up:

300 swim/150 kick
300 swim/150 scull
300 swim/150 choice

(I did about 1000 of this)

Main sets:

8 x vertical kick @ 50
20 seconds with hands at shoulders, 10 seconds with arms in superman streamline, squat jump off bottom of pool
(4 flutter, 4 dolphin)

50 EZ

5 x 150 IM @ 2:30, drop 1 stroke (I dropped free)

50 EZ

5 x 150 kick @ 2:45
50 no free kick+ 100 free kick
(I did 3 that way and 2 all backstroke kick, only managed 6 kicks off each wall)

50 EZ

6 x 75 @ 1:50
25 UW flutter kick shooter + 25 tricep finish drill + 25 AFAP free

(We switched the interval from 1:40 to 1:50, so we could actually go fast on the last 25. I used fins.)

200 C/D

Total: 3200

Sat in the hot tub with an ice pack ...

Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, May 3" to Digg Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, May 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, May 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Team Practice, Sunday, May 3" to Google

Updated May 5th, 2009 at 09:24 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Like the kick set. I have plans!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Like the kick set. I have plans!
    Plans? Pray tell.

Which kick set, the vertical or the 150s?
    150's
    Well I have to drill the 6 beat to become automatic. Kicking, swimming 100's with kick focus not interval focus etc.
    More BR kick.
    More SDK.
    More.
    More.
    More!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    150's
    Well I have to drill the 6 beat to become automatic. Kicking, swimming 100's with kick focus not interval focus etc.
    More BR kick.
    More SDK.
    More.
    More.
    More!
    MORE!!!!!

Everyone wants to be a kicker these days ...

Good luck with the 6 beat flutter kick. As I told Q and Bob, I believe it takes a looong time. That's why it's not on my current to do list. Yet. But, then, I'm not swimming the 200 free.
    I have committed to working on my kick during long course season - when I don't have so many turns (dang it - I love flip turns!) and so my legs will be a tad fresher.

I know I am going to be a whole lot slower first than faster. But I have NO problem moving down a lane to get this done. New scenery - new stories.

Like my Z2s for this purpose as well.

AFTER CLOVIS BABY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahelee Sue Osborn
    I have committed to working on my kick during long course season - when I don't have so many turns (dang it - I love flip turns!) and so my legs will be a tad fresher.

I know I am going to be a whole lot slower first than faster. But I have NO problem moving down a lane to get this done. New scenery - new stories.

Like my Z2s for this purpose as well.

AFTER CLOVIS BABY!
    The Z2s, eh? On free, I feel like my fins may make me a tad lazier about kicking. But it could also just be the lack of concentration on kicking (except when I'm sprinting). This looks like something we ALL need to work on! I do think it's probably easier to work on it in LC when those great long length stretch out ahead of us.

For now, CLOVIS BABY!!!!!!