View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Saturday 09142013

Rate this Entry
by , September 14th, 2013 at 07:06 PM (88 Views)
I'm still jetlagged. made the mistake of going to bed at 7pm last night...and woke up somewhere around 2-3am. got up, did some reading online, then went back to bed but couldn't really get back to sleep. so I got up around 4:30.

I picked up Holly from the people who watched her while we were gone yesterday afternoon. as soon as I walked in their house, she jumped right on me their dogs seemed pretty excited too--actually when Holly jumped in my car to leave, their dogs did too. the people were pretty upset to see Holly leave, especially the girl she sleeps with. I guess that's a good thing to have people actually want to watch your dog though.

anyway, this morning I took Holly for a little run along the Paseo Trail near home:
Paseo Trail w/Holly 3.66 mi 00:34 09:10 pace

Took Holly out for a little run along the Paseo Trail. It was very busy this morning, I think a TNT team was doing training. Holly started out strong but then settled into a pace...it was slower than what I wanted, but it was a pace I felt like I could have held for miles and miles. Saw a beautiful sunrise too.
http://www.strava.com/activities/82332619

The mother of the people who watched Holly said how she ran with her 4x week and walked her 2x week (run like 4-6 miles, but 11 min/mile pace). Holly did hold me up a bit this morning, but not unbearable so.

after cleaning and ironing, I decided to head over to the gym for a solo swim this afternoon:

600 w/u

4 x 50 kick @ ~10 sec rest, board only, 25 flutter/25 whip
4 x 50 kick @ ~10 sec rest, fins + board, 25 flutter/25 dolphin

100 easy

8 x 100 @ 1:30, pull w/buoy and Agility paddles (started at 1:18 and worked down to 1:13)

200 w/d

TTL: 2100 yards

didn't have much time but really wanted to get in a quick shake-out swim after running this morning. I did a short swim in the backyard pool right after, but since the gym is so close I wanted to do more (plus get my FLOG on track).

there were 2 others swimming when I got there, one in my fav lane. he finished just after my w/u so I moved over, and had the whole pool solo after that.
the pull felt really good. I wasn't really trying to descend, but it just worked out that way. it felt like I could have gone on forever at that pace, and I really missed my Agility paddles

I watched the whole first season of Game of Thrones over the course of my trip, and have already watched the first 5 episodes of season 2 now that I'm back. it is rather addicting, although there are so many characters, some rather main ones get killed off rather randomly. but I do like it, just have to space out watching the rest (plus we have tons of tv dvr'd that recorded while we were away).

Submit "Saturday 09142013" to Digg Submit "Saturday 09142013" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday 09142013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday 09142013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Running

Comments

Game of Thrones is awesome!

Don't go to sleep so early tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Game of Thrones is awesome!

Don't go to sleep so early tonight!
    Ha! I managed to stay up until 8:30 last night, and slept through until 4:15. Not too bad.

Have you read the books also? I found this awesome map online:
    http://quartermaester.info/
    I'm thinking of downloading the first books to my Kindle. But in the past, I've always been disappointed with movies/tv after reading the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Ha! I managed to stay up until 8:30 last night, and slept through until 4:15. Not too bad.

Have you read the books also? I found this awesome map online:
    http://quartermaester.info/
    I'm thinking of downloading the first books to my Kindle. But in the past, I've always been disappointed with movies/tv after reading the books.
    I watched one+ seasons and then read all the books. I still enjoyed watching the show afterward, though the suspense was somewhat lessened. The acting is so good.