View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Sunday 10202013

Rate this Entry
by , October 20th, 2013 at 11:31 PM (62 Views)
I did go to Friday's workout, but I don't remember what it all was. I forgot to write it down, and by the time I got home I had totally forgotten.
I do remember the focus was on 200s; we did a few broken with various gear, then a 200 free for time. My time was 2:22, which is about a normal practice time (from a push).
About 3500 yards.

my massage on Friday felt fantastic. well maybe not while she had her elbow in my back or quads, but after I felt so much better.

it felt fantastic to sleep in yesterday morning. I had thought of doing a short ride, or even a run. but in the end, sleep won out. I hadn't slept in since I was out of town. of course Holly (the dog) loved getting a nice long walk. there was some sort of 5/10k run along the canal near the park where we stop, but it didn't interfere too much.

I tried a Breathe Right strip last night, and I really don't know why I hadn't before. I've been told that I snore, and I don't think I did with this strip. yea it does look a little funny, but it isn't like I'm parading around town with it on. it did feel a little funny, but I think I eventually adjusted.
when I woke up this morning, I felt so refreshed, despite waking up a little earlier than yesterday. had no stuffiness in my head at all.

this morning I went out for a nice little spin on my bike:
Hawes/Las Sendas/Bush/Usery 63.03 mi 03:32 17.9mph pace

I did this ride about a month ago and really liked it then, it was even better today with decent temps. I've never noticed really how red Red Mountain was before...you get some awesome views of it on McDowell and Bush Hwy. Yea, Bush Hwy is horrible, but the views are almost worth it, and the hill of Usery doesn't seem so bad since the road is so much better. Bumped into some triathletes on Ellsworth on the way back, they pulled me down to Ray, then I kinda had a tailwind on Pecos. Really fantastic weather, 60s/70s, sunny, with just a little wind.
http://www.strava.com/activities/90290645

here's an amazing picture I took during my break before I braved the Usery climb:

later today I went over to the Chandler 24 Hour Fitness for a solo swim:

800 w/u

4 x 50 breast kick @ 1:00, board only
100 easy
4 x 100 kick @ 1:50, 25 free/25 fly, w/fins + board
100 easy

4 x 100 @ 1:30, pull w/buoy + Agility paddles

1000 for time (13:18)

200 w/d

TTL: 3200 yards

the water was a bit chilly, I think the heater broke again. over the summer it felt refreshing. this time of year though...well it felt cool. I'm guessing the water was 76-78F. all of my swims were mostly nonstop, minimal breaks, and I decided to do a longer swim too.

my legs were pretty tight. my right hamstring was on the verge of cramping, especially when I flipped at first. thankfully it didn't cramp.

I'm sure because the water was so cool, I had the pool to myself. sure, there were a few people who stuck their feet in, even some went in to their hips, but no one really swam the whole time I was there. fine by me

Submit "Sunday 10202013" to Digg Submit "Sunday 10202013" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday 10202013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday 10202013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Cycling

Comments