View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, May 10

Rate this Entry
Happy Mother's Day to all mommy forumites, bloggers and lurkers!

I took the day off yesterday. I was fully booked with soccer, a regatta and dinner with friends. Saturday is my usual rest day anyway.

Today, I slept in, was pampered a bit and then went on a 6 mile trail run. I drove to a relatively easy trail so I wouldn't be a muddy billy goat. It was a gorgeous day for running -- bright sunshine, no humidity and 70s.

I'll get back to the pool tomorrow. I'm having a great time following SCY Nationals this weekend. Lots of very fast swimming!

I looked very quickly at the event rankings from last year to this year in 50 free, 50 back and 50 fly. (I realize they're not final yet, and more times will be added.) I noticed that there was a .3 drop in the 50 back (30.5) and 50 free (25.6) to make Top Ten. But there was a +.1 increase in the 50 fly. This does cause me to wonder, as I've mused, whether the B70 does not help as much in fly. I haven't looked at breaststroke yet, but I would wager that there is even more than a .3 drop there. Last year, my time of 34.1 from Zones would have been #7; this year that time won't make top ten.

Submit "Sunday, May 10" to Digg Submit "Sunday, May 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, May 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, May 10" to Google

Updated May 10th, 2009 at 11:57 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Running

Comments

A regatta, how posh. Enjoy your day of pampering.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    A regatta, how posh. Enjoy your day of pampering.
    Not posh! lol That's just what you go to when your son competes in crew.
    Q you can see it now can't you? Straw boater hats and striped blazers for the men, women in bonnets or with a parasol...Pimms all around!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Q you can see it now can't you? Straw boater hats and striped blazers for the men, women in bonnets or with a parasol...Pimms all around!
    It's not a Renoir painting or the Kentucky Derby!
    Happy Mother's Day Fort! It sounds like a nice week-end!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    It's not a Renoir painting or the Kentucky Derby!
    I would expect not if it was "Pimm's all round!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    I would expect not if it was "Pimm's all round!"

Oh, stop! lol I just meant it's not that atmosphere. Mostly just huge vats of gatorade everywhere.