View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Bike, blur, ahhh, back

Rate this Entry
by , January 14th, 2015 at 11:13 PM (39 Views)
I had some pretty grand plans for the first half of this week, both in terms of training and getting in some socializing. Work got in the way in a good way: I have been very much in a flow with a number of projects since the start of the year and each of them (and then some more) just had me hopping practically every minute of the day. And, while I'm a bit bummed I missed some training I had planned, I was actually having so much fun being in the right flow-moment of these projects that I am mostly cool with missed workouts.

Plus, since I'm now in Austin tonight and going to try to train with Nitro Masters the next two mornings, maybe the missed workouts count as my 'taper to train fast!'

Here's how things have progressed:

Monday Plan - zip into the pool over lunch and grab a quick, 30 minute swim comprised of a 1,000 warmup, 10 x 50 USRPT and then a cool-down. Follow that up with an evening spin class.

Monday Reality - no mid-day swim and only survived 45 of the targeted 60 minutes of the spin class. I loved the spin class, but my legs were toast.

Tuesday Plan - Do the Broken Mile IM workout (http://forums.usms.org/showthread.ph...-400-IM-focus))

Tuesday Reality - nada, zip, zilch. I was in super work-flow-zone.

Wednesday Plan - The original plan was to swim something short in the morning, fly to Austin for my conference mid-morning and then see some friends and work colleagues in Austin in the afternoon and for dinner. However, a critical client call popped up which meant I couldn't fly over until the evening. So, the revised plan was to grab a morning yoga class and then make another attempt at the Broken Mile IM workout.

Wednesday Reality - Made the morning yoga class, but ran out of time in the afternoon to do anything more than what I had originally planned for Monday in the pool, e.g.,
  • 1 x 300: IM, k-d-s
  • 3 x 100: on 1:20, descend (1:05, 1:02, 0:58)
  • 5 x 50: on 0:55, #1 easy, #2 to #5 build IM order
  • 4 x 25: on 0:30, odds easy, evens fast back
  • 1 x 50: easy on 1:30
  • 10 x 50: on 0:50, USRPT aiming for seeing 0:30/0:31 on a flipped finish backstroke, made 5 (started #1 at 0:29), but was 0:32 on #6, cruised #7, made #8 and #9, but my legs fell off on #10
  • 5 x 50: kick, 2 cruise breast on 1:00, 3 fast flutter on 0:45
  • 3 x 50: active recovery free

TOTAL: 1,900 SCY

Submit "Bike, blur, ahhh, back" to Digg Submit "Bike, blur, ahhh, back" to del.icio.us Submit "Bike, blur, ahhh, back" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bike, blur, ahhh, back" to Google

Comments