View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Mon AM Swim Jun 1

Rate this Entry
Made it to swim with the team this morning, 6am ASU Rec Center (SCY)
--did 60 pushups and held the Plank for 3 min before leaving home
--air temp around 75F, water around 76, a bit chilly at first, but felt fine once in
--a rather large group today, but the coach moved people around, so we ended up with 4 people in my lane

around 200 warm-up choice (I was a little late)

6 x 75 @ 1:10, build

5 x 600 @ last person's finish in lane + 15 sec, done as--
#1: 100 fast, 500 moderate
#2: 200 fast, 400 moderate
#3: 300 fast, 300 moderate
#4: 400 fast, 200 moderate
#5: 500 fast, 100 moderate

100 easy cool-down

total: 3700 yards

I went #2 all the way through the fast 300, then the gal ahead of me said she was dying. Leading on the 400 fast was a challenge. Some folks had gotten out and I was the only one in my lane who did the whole 500. Felt pretty good doing this, sometimes my legs are still sore and pushoffs can be tough the day after a long run, but no major issues.

hoping to get to the gym tonight for weights.

spent way too much time over the weekend on Facebook. it has been interesting seeing and exchanging messages with folks I lost touch with ages ago. amazing how different some look (I'm sure they could say the same for me). I'm sure the novelty will wear off after a few days.

Submit "Mon AM Swim Jun 1" to Digg Submit "Mon AM Swim Jun 1" to del.icio.us Submit "Mon AM Swim Jun 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mon AM Swim Jun 1" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Do they keep the SCY during the summer at the ASU Rec Center? or, is this just a morning thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Do they keep the SCY during the summer at the ASU Rec Center? or, is this just a morning thing?
    In the ~8 years I've swam at the Rec Center, I've only seen it other than SCY once. I think it is about 75m long, with beach entry at one end, blocks at the other end. There's 2 bulkheads in it, and we use the 1/3 of the pool from the blocks to a bulkhead. On very rare occasion, they can take out the bulkhead and make it LCM, but I've only seen it once. So yes, it is SCY through the summer.

On the other hand, the Mona Plummer pool gets configured all kinds of ways all the time. Most days, you don't know what you're in for until you get there.
    Oh cool, but who cares if it is SCY most of the time since there is similar facility a mile away. Man, you guys in phoenix have it good.