3 x (25 scull + 25 free w/paddles) @ 1:10
8 x 50 w/fins, UW 25 m @ 1:15
8 x 50, 2x IM order (single arm fly)
10 x 100
odds = free or back
evens = kick
100 EZ

Total: 2600 m

-- This was a complete recovery workout. I had hoped it would equal a day off, but my shoulders were still fatigued when I went to the pool today. I guess even an EZ workout in long course takes a toll.

Monday: Swim/LCM/Solo @ Lebo

500 various
4 x (25 scull + 25 free w/paddles)
4 x (15 burst dolphin kick + 35 EZ)
50 EZ
26 x 50
odds = @ 100 pace @ 1:00 (5 back, 5 breast, 3 kick)
evens = EZ @ 1:30-2:00
100 EZ

Total: 2350m

Heated Vinyasa, 75 min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two things will take a hit this month with only long course available: sprint backstroke and UW work. I am really lousy at swimming backstroke outside and the pool I'm training in is only 4 feet deep. I was scraping on the bottom yesterday trying to do 25 UWs. Today I tried reaching and gliding more on breast and my 50 times were 1-2 seconds faster than usual. So I guess I should approach my next 100 breast that way.

I was looking at the meet calendar. I think I will aim for the DCAC Columbus Day Classic meet on October 10 in DC and the Sprint Classic on October 25 in VA, both SCY. I had thought about going to the Rowdy meet, but I don't like the order of events and it starts very early. After checking all the nationals results, I'm psyched to compete again.

I'm off to yoga at 4:15.

Submit "Sat-Mon, Aug 8-10" to Digg Submit "Sat-Mon, Aug 8-10" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat-Mon, Aug 8-10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat-Mon, Aug 8-10" to Google

Updated August 10th, 2015 at 05:46 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

The good news is...there will now be Tues and Thurs evening masters practices offered in the South Hills. Drop in at CV is $5.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    The good news is...there will now be Tues and Thurs evening masters practices offered in the South Hills. Drop in at CV is $5.
    That is good news! There are so very few evening practices in this area. I will keep that in mind.

Great job at nationals, especially on Sunday. That 200 free was sweet. When is your next meet?
    I'm looking at the Rowdy meet too. I remember there being a lot of rest between events. also NE Champs. Both SCM of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I'm looking at the Rowdy meet too. I remember there being a lot of rest between events. also NE Champs. Both SCM of course
    I think I'm skipping the Rowdy meet. Most of the events I want to swim are on Saturday and the 50 breast and 50 free are back to back that day ... I would like to get in a SCM meet, but it will probably be NE Champs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Great job at nationals, especially on Sunday. That 200 free was sweet. When is your next meet?
    Thanks!!I was really pleased with the 200 considering the prior events were so abysmal. Getting your butt kicked by olympians is fun.

I am looking for something drivable, but currently it looks like i won't be able to compete again until spring. We may have a local meet in Feb/March (it looks very promising) and I am looking forward to Greensboro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk
    Thanks!!I was really pleased with the 200 considering the prior events were so abysmal. Getting your butt kicked by olympians is fun.

I am looking for something drivable, but currently it looks like i won't be able to compete again until spring. We may have a local meet in Feb/March (it looks very promising) and I am looking forward to Greensboro.
    I'm hoping I can get some people from my team to go to Nats too. I've already floated the idea.

Where will the local meet be?
    Bethel Park high school. The entire building/pool is only a couple of years old, and they did a decent job building it. The coach there was asking about timing a couple weeks ago during am practice at Lebo. He's already gotten the club board approval.