View RSS Feed

flippergirl

Someday I wil get it together to show a kayking video!

Rate this Entry
I so enjoyed watching the Worlds swimming and reading the discussions of the Mastered Masterers threads of the events on USMS.
But did anyone see the replay the 2013 Worlds Freestyle Kayaking. Check it out at www.FreestyleKayaking2013.com . If it werent for swim team training from the age of 5 to 20ish mixed in with summers bodysurfing six foot wave in the Atlantic Ocean I might not have become a kayaker. It was my love of water that made me fearless in my 30s to stick with learning how to kayak. I wasnt afraid to come out of my boat and the boats were big, long boats in the early 90s. I finally got a bomb proof roll that would allow me to kayak rivers from Canada to Ecuador and Maine to Utah. This is basically how I spent every week-end in my 30s, 40s and even now I would go. But my favorite thing to do is to ride a stationary wave in the river. What they do on the water today in short boats is amazing.
I remember seeing a man with his 7 year old son paddling down the New River, West Virginia. They werelike a momma duck with her baby chick waddling behind her. The big duck was EJ Jackson, builder of Jackson kayaks and the little boy was his son Dane. Now as a young man Dane Jackson took home the Gold in 2013 for Freestyle kayaking!
I truly believe it was my early swimming experience that allows me to enjoy such a wonderful outdoor sport even today. Gosh so many great times on the river. So go try it if you love water and looking for some excitement and adventure no matter what your age!

Oh yes, back to this weeks training. Two days I rode 15-20 miles and swam approximately a mile in the Gulf. Today was perfect day weather wise. Cooler days are comin to Florida! Im still trying figure out if I can do the postal 3 miles challenge. If I do, it wont be for speed but for distance. Thats just were I am right now. I gotta accept that.

Submit "Someday I wil get it together to  show a kayking video!" to Digg Submit "Someday I wil get it together to  show a kayking video!" to del.icio.us Submit "Someday I wil get it together to  show a kayking video!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Someday I wil get it together to  show a kayking video!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments