View RSS Feed

Katia J Hoberman

Ouch!! my back..

Rate this Entry
While still trying to strength train and swim, my back is somewhat kinda letting up.. Last week I had helped my brother move into his new home and I had felt just fine afterward. Well, so I thought. Monday August 31st I woke up feeling a little sore and started my day as usual, dog walkies, work, and in the evening went to do my dryland w/o. It was then when I realized as I was picking up the 145#bar for deadlift that I had pulled something in my mid upper back. My masseuse says its the Latissimus Dorsi muscle. I continued my strength with slight pain, stepped into the Jacuzzi for a short while and went for my massage. Tuesday took it easy. Wednesday had my dryland strength and sent the video to Chris (my trainer) and he also told me to take some time off. I can't.. but I am working around that part of my back. I feel I am almost at the top of my game and don't want to loose progress.. I will dryland today with the exception of certain exercises Chris told me I could do and not do the exercises that would aggravate that part of my back .. I feel ok today, and will w/o with caution..

Thursday swim;
200 extremely easy
1650 free with pull buoy
: (

Submit "Ouch!! my back.." to Digg Submit "Ouch!! my back.." to del.icio.us Submit "Ouch!! my back.." to StumbleUpon Submit "Ouch!! my back.." to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments