View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thur-Fri, Sept 3-4

Rate this Entry
by , September 4th, 2015 at 04:23 PM (1753 Views)
Thursday:

Heated Vinyasa Yoga, 75 min

After resigning from Team Pitt, I really wasn't in the mood to do much all day. I thought yoga might make me feel better, but it didn't.

Friday:

Swim/SCY/Solo @ Sewy

Warm up:

500 various
100 scull

Main sets:

6 rounds:
4 x 25 @ 100 pace @ :10 rest
1 x 100 EZ

extra 100 EZ while I was floating around trying to decide what to do next ... settled on an aerobic set

10 x 75 w/fins @ 200 pace @ 1:15
odds = fly-back-breast
evens = dolphin kick on back or backstroke kick
150 EZ

10 x 50 burst dolphin kick + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

Total: 3400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had another long commute to Sewy today. All the construction in Pitt creates a mess on the roads. I'm still very down. If I want to keep swimming, I'm going to have to drastically change my life and my family's routine. There is just nowhere to swim during the day except Sewy. Right now, there's nowhere to swim at night either, as none of the high school pools' evening swimming programs have started. And I feel bad for my swimmers; they are bummed about me leaving. I just hope they find a decent coach.

Submit "Thur-Fri, Sept 3-4" to Digg Submit "Thur-Fri, Sept 3-4" to del.icio.us Submit "Thur-Fri, Sept 3-4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thur-Fri, Sept 3-4" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

I am so sorry for you. I thought I recalled dropping into a JCC back in the late 90s when my sister lived there. I have no idea if they are close to you, but I have found our Scottsdale JCC to be awesome for lap swimming. Is that an option?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I am so sorry for you. I thought I recalled dropping into a JCC back in the late 90s when my sister lived there. I have no idea if they are close to you, but I have found our Scottsdale JCC to be awesome for lap swimming. Is that an option?
    I am so sorry for myself at the moment. Hopefully, I'll get over myself sometimes soon. It's just been a tough two years and swimming used to be such a simple thing. The JCC fairly near me is 3-4 feet deep. I'm told that's what the JCC out in Monroeville is too ... Pittsburgh is a city of crappy community pools. Swimming wise, living here feels like being in prison.
    Updated September 4th, 2015 at 10:12 PM by The Fortress