View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Fri-Sat, Sept 25-26

Rate this Entry
by , September 26th, 2015 at 02:48 PM (934 Views)
Friday Drylands:

rehab ex
straight arm dips, 90 x 3 x 15
deadlifts, 90 x 4 x 5
pull up negatives, 3 x 5
supine flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 100
russian twists on incline w/plate, 25 x 3 x 25
explosive fly pulls on double cable machine, 22.5 x 4 x 5
glute isolator, 50 x 3 x 5 each leg
med ball slams, 3 x 5
extreme angle isometric squat w/15 lb DB, 5:00
resisted standing broad jumps, 30 x 2 x 5
altitude drops, 5

Saturday: Swim/SCY/Solo

Warm up:

500 various
100 scull
10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
100 EZ

Main Sets:

4 x 25 stroke rate drills @ 1:00
100 EZ

4 x
4 x 50 @ 100 pace intensity w/fins @ 1:30
1 x 100 EZ @ 3:00
-- did these IM order
-- free hurt, was tired

200 EZ

8 x 50
odds = free w/Lochte turn working on quick switch from back to belly @ 1:00
evens = EZ @ 1:30
100 EZ

Total: 3050

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm contemplating whether to go to yoga today. It's a 90 minute class, and that's really on the long side for me. I guess I could just leave after an hour. I haven't been to yoga for over 3 weeks ... Lil Fort is off at her first overnight trip with her XC team -- big invitational today in Hershey PA. She won't be home until late.

Teen Fort (who just turned 21 actually) had big news today. She got accepted into a medical/health services program in Delhi India in January. Then, she's headed to Adelaide Australia in mid February for a semester abroad. She'll probably swim with some masters teams there. I seem to remember Water Rat saying that Adelaide was a mecca for masters swimming. She's going to travel in Australia and New Zealand for a couple weeks before that. I am super jealous of all her international travel. I'd love to go visit her there on her spring break. But that would basically eviscerate the SCY season and my focus March SCM meet ...

Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 25-26" to Digg Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 25-26" to del.icio.us Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 25-26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 25-26" to Google

Comments

Very cool for Teen (aka Adult) Fort. Delhi will be an incredible experience for her, but her access to pools will likely suffer in India. Depending upon where she is based, there are actually some decent enough pools, but I've never been close enough to get to them.

I am jealous, too, for her travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Very cool for Teen (aka Adult) Fort. Delhi will be an incredible experience for her, but her access to pools will likely suffer in India. Depending upon where she is based, there are actually some decent enough pools, but I've never been close enough to get to them.

I am jealous, too, for her travel!
    She's still doing a lot of kicking after her second surgery, and will miss all the big meets this year with her time abroad. So she likely won't mind a couple weeks out of the pool. D3 swimming is pretty mellow.