View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 157 - Tuesday

Rate this Entry
by , September 29th, 2015 at 07:51 AM (1300 Views)
Life is very hectic at the moment. I am off to Austin/San Antonio today and have an early flight. As such I did dry lands at 4:30am so that I could make my flight. It was tough getting up this morning. I got to bed pretty reasonable last night but had a hectic afternoon. Work has been very busy recently and yesterday was a very typical non stop day. I left the office to make it to the pool but Dallas traffic conspired against me yesterday. A truck carrying paint had dumped it's load of bright red paint along I30 over the course of a mile or so. I was lucky that I got off the interstate because it looked like a bunch of cars were driving through the paint and kicking paint up on the cars behind. I would have been very upset if I ended up with red paint on my car!

My kids had a great meet this weekend and we had lots of best times. A couple of my kids made BB and B times which means they will move up to the faster group. Our head coach asked to meet with me later this week to talk about me coaching a mid distance and distance oriented group of our top kids next spring. I am having fun and if I can make it work with my work commitments it would be a lot of fun.

Today I could only do dry land.

5x(1:30 on vasa swim trainer, :30 rest/stretch)
5x(5x(:45 of abs with medicine ball. I mixed it up again today), :15 rest/transition) 1min between rounds
2x(left shoulder exercises with light resistance)

Today was tough! I don't know if it was tiredness from work or just the fact that I did this workout in my own which I always find hard.

Submit "Week 157 - Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 157 - Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 157 - Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 157 - Tuesday" to Google

Comments

I have no idea how you are adding coaching into your already very busy life.

Good luck keeping your head above water work-wise!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I have no idea how you are adding coaching into your already very busy life.

Good luck keeping your head above water work-wise!
    My wife thinks I am nuts, but I am really enjoying it and I feel like I am giving back in my own small way!

In a strange way I am busier but I am also more organized and somehow I am getting more done; even on the home front I feel closer to my wife and kids as a result of having a sit down dinner every night and then having dedicated time working on the kids homework with them. I don't recall the last time I watched TV.