View RSS Feed

flippergirl

Some biking, but if we get lost at sea, here's our plans...

Rate this Entry
by , October 7th, 2015 at 09:22 PM (2184 Views)
Today I drafted behind Dana for a fun bike ride. The sun was shining. It was great. At one point I dropped off and he carried on for some more mileage. I think I hit 20mph behind him. He was a semi pro bike racer in NY during the late 70and dreamed of going further. He won the New York State Apple Sprint Championship in 1979, but was smart enough to know that if he didnt make it he would be a bike mechanic the rest of his life. So he chose to go to college then further with his studies. Anyway we like to bike, but as always the sea beckoned me. I was pulled to see what the Gulf was doing.

Last we during the East coast storm there were definitely some surfing ways out there. Today it was a calm beautiful day and the sugar sand just glowed. I hadnt planned to swim and didnt have my goggle or I would have dashed in. Having some shoulder trouble, not from swimming but falling off my desk chair on to the terrazzo floor. Dont put a slippery pillow on a chair and eagerly jump on it to get to your computer. Ugh!

We are preparing fo a four day adventure at sea. We will sail up to Fort Myers on Friday (a day trip) then race Saturday and Sunday in The Sunset Regatta and return the long journey home on Monday. We have a Rocket 22 which is not a cruising boat, but a racing boat. It is a blast. I am so glad we are doing nonspinnaker though, only because it is just the two of us and it is brutal for me to change sails especially if it is a rough ,windy day. We really need more crew to do the spinnaker task. Maybe I wii get to skipper and get a break from running to adjust everything to sail the best we can in the races. Dont get me wrong it is hard work, but so exciting at the same time.

Will post the result of the race and experience whether we do well or not. See you blogworld in a few days.

Submit "Some biking, but  if we get lost at sea, here's our plans..." to Digg Submit "Some biking, but  if we get lost at sea, here's our plans..." to del.icio.us Submit "Some biking, but  if we get lost at sea, here's our plans..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Some biking, but  if we get lost at sea, here's our plans..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments