Warm up:

600 various (did 500)
8 x 75 drill, kick, build @ 1:30
-- NO! I did 8 x 75 backstroke kick w/fins, 12.5 UW each length

Main sets:

12 x 25 @ :40
odds = stroke build
evens = fast free, 1 breath
-- I did 8 of these @ 100 pace and didn't do any of them 1 breath on this interval
-- oddly, despite being tired, some of my 25 backstrokes were fast tonight

4 rounds:
4 x 25, IM order by round, 12.5 UW SDK + fast @ 100 pace @ :40
-- on the breast round, do double UW pullouts
3 x 100 IM descend @ 1:50 (NO! I did these flutter kick w/fins. Nothing too hard, just stayed under 1:10)
1 x 50 EZ @ 1:10
3 x 50 fast free @ :50 (the first round I did the middle one fast free @ 100 pace. the last 2 rounds I did them all smooth DPS w/paddles. there is no "fast on this interval)
1 x 50 EZ (wished this had been a 100 EZ)

I did 2 x 25 free on the last round and then cramped badly on the 3rd one pushing off the wall, so aborted the rest of that round.

250 EZ

Total: 3550

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think I've done a double with a hard lift + hard swim in years ... definitely not since moving to Pitt. Ideally, I would have done the swim today, but Fort 21 is in town. We have some things to do in the am, and Lil Fort has a XC race in the afternoon. So the most I'll get in is an EZ swim at LA Fitness later, if that.

I knew I would be tired in the water, and I was. Since no kick sets were assigned (horror!), I modified two of the sets to add kicking (got in 1500). Looking back at my blog, I think I did longer kick sets, more best average kick sets, more kicks for time and more AFAP shooters than I have been doing the past two years. Dabbling around with USRPT type sets doesn't seem to have helped my swimming very much ...

It was really nice to see my swimmers. They made fun of me for not doing level 1 (the fastest), but I always opt for more rest. I think Fort 21 and I will go to Pitt on Friday too. Friday is sprint day, but I may cut back more than I did last night.

Submit "Rare Double, Wednesday, Oct. 14" to Digg Submit "Rare Double, Wednesday, Oct. 14" to del.icio.us Submit "Rare Double, Wednesday, Oct. 14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rare Double, Wednesday, Oct. 14" to Google

Comments