View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tues-Wed, Oct. 20-21

Rate this Entry
by , October 21st, 2015 at 08:41 PM (1875 Views)
Tuesday:

Yoga, 60 min (left early)

1800 EZ


Wednesday: Swim/SCY @ Pitt

400 various
8 x 25 power kick @ :40
3 x 50 single arm fly (they were assigned 6 x 50) @ :50
2 x 50 kick (4 were assigned) @ 1:00
10 x 50 various fly & torque drills w/fins @ 1:00
-- I did 3 rounds of:
1 x 25 AFAP fly + 25 EZ
2 x 50 EZ
10 x 50 burst w/3-4 fast fly strokes then cruise @ 1:00
-- I did 2 x 50 burst SDK and then cruised a 50
went over to the diving well and did a few starts
8 x 25 EZ

Total: 1650 + starts


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Doing starts in the diving area sucks. It was like diving into a semi wavy lake. Not sure I'll bother with that again. My 25s fly were very fast, a couple were 9 highs. I've noticed before the Pitt seems like a fast pool even in the 6 feet deep areas. Of course, that's if you're leading and it's a 25. It gets darn wavy when there are lots of people in the lane.

I'll probably just do easy swims the next couple days. The whole fam is going to VA for the weekend. We're leaving Friday after Lil Fort's practice. Should be a fun weekend. Tomorrow, I'm driving out to CalU for Lil Fort's last full team XC invitational. Then it's just WIPIALs (regionals) and states in the next few weeks. I know she's excited that the WIPIAL course is mostly flat. She is like her Mom -- doesn't like ups! And she probably needs some strength training for the hills; she's just a skinny thing.

Psych sheet for Sprint Classic: http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=6957

Submit "Tues-Wed, Oct. 20-21" to Digg Submit "Tues-Wed, Oct. 20-21" to del.icio.us Submit "Tues-Wed, Oct. 20-21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tues-Wed, Oct. 20-21" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

  1. Doug Martin's Avatar
    7 races, that's a lot! #1 overall seed in several. 9 high fin flys, you should be ready. Looks like a fun meet.
  2. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Good luck this weekend. That is a lot of racing in a short timeframe. If you do all those races we are going to start thinking you are a middle distance swimmer

    Did you decide if you were going to do Boston yet? It looks like Scott and Steph are up for the relays we discussed which will be fun.
  3. Water Rat's Avatar
    I think Pitt is a fast pool too. have a great weekend
    you left yoga early??!!!
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    7 races, that's a lot! #1 overall seed in several. 9 high fin flys, you should be ready. Looks like a fun meet.
    I swam this same lineup 2 years ago. There was not much time between 50 free and 50 breast. I was so tired that I had a rather half hearted finish in my 25 free. I think there are fewer people here this year, which means less rest. So I might scratch the 50 free. I don't want to scratch out of the Battle of the Drop Dead Sprinters (it's cumulative time of all 4 25s) and it will be a close race with Fall there. I wish the breaks were 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes ...
    Updated October 22nd, 2015 at 10:31 AM by The Fortress
  5. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Good luck this weekend. That is a lot of racing in a short timeframe. If you do all those races we are going to start thinking you are a middle distance swimmer

    Did you decide if you were going to do Boston yet? It looks like Scott and Steph are up for the relays we discussed which will be fun.
    Thanks, we'll see how the old body handles that much racing. As you know, I always reserve the right to scratch.

    I am pretty sure that I'm going to Boston and would love love to do the 200 relays! I may have to tinker with the lineup at bit with a split request or two to make sure that I get adequate rest. I will probably do a 50 free split in the 200 free, for example.
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I think Pitt is a fast pool too. have a great weekend
    you left yoga early??!!!
    Fast unless you're swimming long course with that long shallow end.

    I didn't want yoga to exhaust me or tire the legs too much. Yoga should help swimming, not interfere with it. That's why I go to very few classes when I'm doing in season training. I do the stretches that I like on my own.
  7. Water Rat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Fast unless you're swimming long course with that long shallow end.

    I didn't want yoga to exhaust me or tire the legs too much. Yoga should help swimming, not interfere with it. That's why I go to very few classes when I'm doing in season training. I do the stretches that I like on my own.
    I've cut back on my yoga by almost 50% (prob 3x per week). I'm finding I'm better now than when I was doing more.