View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 170 - Friday

Rate this Entry
My daughter and I went for massages yesterday. It was her first real massage and I think she will be back for more! She and I are alike and according to the masseus we are both knotted in the same place; shoulder, back and neck. I suspect this is typical swimmer muscle areas. She did great and followed instructions with water and today is not too sore. I have had a small pain in my trees major for sometime and the last couple of times I have had a massage she has worked in this. Last night she went right to it and it hurt a lot but as has been the case after previous massages I feel so much better the next day. After our massages we had a nice family dinner with my wife, kids and parents and then I did my normal fall asleep on the couch as everyone watched tv. I headed to bed around 8:45pm and did not even make it to 9pm let alone midnight. I guess I saw in New Year in Greenland or there abouts!

Today a group of us met up for a dryland workout. I choose to do an aerobic focused workout consisting of the stationary bike and the vasa trainer. I really felt good today.

2x(30 mins at 100rpm and heart rate of 110ish, 10 mins at medium intensity on vasa trainer)

On the stationary bike I struggled getting my heart rate up and assumed the bike heart rate monitor was off. One of my training partners offered to lend me his Mio watch that has a heart rate monitor and it confirmed that my heart rate was at 110. I checked it after the bike and again after the vasa trainer and it was pretty much the same. This seems low to me since I was sweating pretty good. One of the guys said I was just in good shape which I guess could account for it. I may start keeping a heart rate log but I know I struggle with a watch in the pool so maybe I will just do it on dryland workouts or will manually count in the pool. We shall see.

We are off to a masters New Year's Day party which s always good fun!

Submit "Week 170 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 170 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 170 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 170 - Friday" to Google

Comments