View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sun Jan 24

Rate this Entry
by , January 25th, 2016 at 10:01 AM (2054 Views)
The meet was a no go, unfortunately. I had been feeling queasy for a couple days and was sick with a stomach thing Friday night. So was poor Lil Fort who had also been feeling poorly. Why does it always happen in the middle of the night? So I was really in no shape to drive to Buffalo on Saturday. Besides, even with an SUV, I couldn't get up and out of our driveway until late on Saturday bc of the snow. So it was a waste of a few days of rest ...

On Sunday, I went to the gym and yoga. I tried going to Bethel Park to swim, but the pool was closed.

Drylands:

rehab ex
straight arm dips, 90 x 3 x 15-25
face pulls, 50 x 4 x 15
deadlift, arm ups, 85 x 4 x 5
back extensions w/plate, 25 x 3 x 10
explosive leg extensions, 105 x 3 x 15
bicep curl negatives, 20 x 3 x 10
hip abductors, 130 x 4 x 5
hip thrusters w/plate, 35 x 2 x 15
DB rows, 40 x 3 x 5 each side
single leg stand in streamline position on flat side of bosu -- I ripped this off from a Jessica Hardy post on FB. It took a bit to get used to it -- it's not easy -- but I worked up to a couple rounds of 1:00 on each leg.

Vinyasa Flow, 75 minutes

I hadn't been to a yoga class in ages, but it seemed fairly easy. I didn't even have trouble on the standing twisting poses. So I guess I've been doing enough yoga/stretching on my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to head to Sewy today. I'm bummed about missing the meet. I would have liked to get some racing in before Albatross. There is a meet on Feb 13, but Mr. Fort is out of town that weekend so that's a no go for me.

Submit "Sun Jan 24" to Digg Submit "Sun Jan 24" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun Jan 24" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun Jan 24" to Google

Comments