View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sat-Mon March 27-29

Rate this Entry

Sat:

2000 EZ at LA Fitness. I was too sore and tired after Friday's workouts to do anything more.

Sun:

off

Monday:

Swim/SCY/Solo @ Sewy

Warm up:

600 various
100 scull
8 x 25 shooters w/fins
100 EZ

Mains sets:

8 x 50 burst + cruise @ 1:00-1:30
100 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP breast + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
100 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP free + 75 EZ) @ 3:30
100 EZ

2 rounds:
10 x 25
odds = 100 pace @ :30
evens = EZ @ :45
50 EZ

100 EZ

Total: 3000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am on day 9 of this malaise and really not feeling any better after not doing much this weekend. My dr was definitely wrong that I would rebound in a couple days. It took all the willpower I could muster to do that super easy workout today. I'm sure Stewart has been in the same place. And now I don't know whether I will be well enough to swim at the OSU meet on Saturday. I wish I had a crystal ball. I don't know whether I should back off for a couple days assuming that I will swim on Saturday. Or if I should just keep muddling along and swim at a meet the following weekend. I could enter Zones or there is a chance I could swim at the Y Champs at Spire. I'd really like to get a meet in before nationals. it looks like the meet roster is almost at 1700 -- pretty popular nationals! My age group is stacked.

Submit "Sat-Mon March 27-29" to Digg Submit "Sat-Mon March 27-29" to del.icio.us Submit "Sat-Mon March 27-29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sat-Mon March 27-29" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You and I seem to have many of the same health challenges recently. I would not wish this on my worst enemy let along some one as awesome as you(you can give me my $20 at Nationals)

I hope you start to feel better soon my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    You and I seem to have many of the same health challenges recently. I would not wish this on my worst enemy let along some one as awesome as you(you can give me my $20 at Nationals)

I hope you start to feel better soon my friend!
    Aw thanks. I feel a little perkier today. The lethargy is killer. It would be so much easier just to have a cold. But this too will pass.