50 EZ
4 x 25 overkick free w/drag sox
100 EZ

10 x 50 free w/paddles @ 1:15
-- did Lochte turns
200 EZ

Total: 2400

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to the grind after my meet. I was too tired to do much in the pool. Hoping that I feel up to a USRPT type set today at Sewy.

Results form the OSU meet: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5f749c...sults_2016.pdf

There were only 99 people there as opposed to 130 last year, probably why it ran so fast.

Btw, my blog comments are enabled. If you could not comment, it means that you were probably not logged into the site -- according to our esteemed web master.

Submit "Sunday April 3" to Digg Submit "Sunday April 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday April 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday April 3" to Google

Updated April 4th, 2016 at 11:59 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Blog comments working again. It was odd yesterday because I was able to make one comment, but then not anymore?
    Another great meet, especially with it moving along so fast! Way to go, Fort!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Blog comments working again. It was odd yesterday because I was able to make one comment, but then not anymore?
    You must have been logged into the site, while others weren't? I'm sometimes not logged in on my phone, so that could have happened to Doug and Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Another great meet, especially with it moving along so fast! Way to go, Fort!
    Thanks Mike! Yep, I've had 3+ solid months of meets now, so I feel like I'm back.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Blog comments are still off for the post on the Ohio State Meet. Blog comments are functioning for earlier and later posts, weird.

In any case, I had wanted to comments on the meet. Obviously three very fine swims. On the Ohio State Meet post, Fort commented:
    50 back, 27.43
    This event just felt labored the whole way. My legs felt quite tired -- probably from my last hard drylands session.
    I can think of two possibilities here:
    1) backstroke burns the legs. Maybe it requires more leg rest than the other strokes?
    2) you weren't warmed up enough. See below.

50 breast, 32.84
    I had a very good start and executed fairly well except for my walls. I had to short stroke both walls. Because I don't race breaststroke all that much, I have no idea what my stroke count is or should be. I just know that, in the past, gliding into the walls has killed my momentum.
    I've often read that one should not take a short stroke into the wall in breaststroke, but I'm starting to question that advice. My experience is that if I glide into the wall I don't have enough momentum to get my knees up and my feet onto the wall quickly so it kills my turn speed. This is especially true on flat FINA walls where you can't use the hands for leverage to haul the knees up. I also note that Allan took a short stroke on his final turn in his 200 LCM Br WR at Auburn so it can't be *that* bad a mistake.

This race felt like a breeze compared to the 50 back...

50 fly, 26.06
    This race felt much better than my 50 back. I'm not sure why that first race felt so awful.
    So each face felt better than the previous one. That sounds a lot like insufficient warmup.
    Thanks for the comments, Karl.

I don't think it was the warm up, tho I wouldn't completely rule that out. I did basically the same warm up that I did for the Albatross meet where I killed the 50 back as my first event. It's possible, I suppose, that when one isn't as rested for a meet, one might need more warm up?

I never ever glide into breaststroke turns anymore. It's always been a disaster when I have. Better to opt for momentum.

For me, 50 back is the hardest of all the 50s -- no contest. And of all the strokes, I find that backstroke needs the most rest. Swimming the 100 back without a taper is horribly unappealing to me.