10 x 25 breast dolphin @ 100 pace @ :45
-- mostly 16s
200 EZ

10 x 25 dolphin kick w/board @ 100 pace
250 EZ

Total: 3150

30 minutes of foam rolling/stretching/yoga

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I feel pretty plastered after that effort, and felt tired during it. In retrospect, after pushing my body to the max at a meet when I wasn't quite 100%, I should have limited myself to a recovery swim yesterday. Instead, I did that double -- anxious to ramp up my training again. I should give away my ivy league degree and put on my dunce cap! I feel a bit better after stretching some, but my shoulders and back are quite sore. Hopefully, I can sleep it off ...

I've been wondering how to approach both USMS Nationals and Canadian Nationals. So I looked back at my blog, very handy. The last time I rested for two big meets was Zones and Nationals in 2013, both of which were great meets for me. I laid off the weights 10 days before Zones and then for the three weeks between Zones and Nationals. So I guess I'll adopt the same approach this time around wrt weights. I also see that I rested a week for Zones, bumped it up for a week after and then tapered two weeks for nationals. So I guess I have a plan!

One thing that I also noticed looking back at my blog is that I used to do more recovery workouts than I seem to be doing these days ... so perhaps I shouldn't worry that I have to do one tomorrow. My workouts also seem to be a bit unimaginative these days -- probably from no longer writing the HIT workouts in the workout forum.

Submit "Mon April 4" to Digg Submit "Mon April 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Mon April 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mon April 4" to Google

Updated April 4th, 2016 at 06:51 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments