View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tues Apr 5

Rate this Entry
2200 EZ @ LA Fitness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really felt rotten yesterday, and I woke up this morning feeling no better with the added bonus of a cough. I don't know if it's a new virus or if I overdid it with the Saturday meet + Sunday double. I don't want to be alarmist, but if I don't recover soon, I may have to abort nationals. My plan was to train like a demon for the next 2.5 weeks. If I can't, I will have to put in the training before and during nationals instead. I'm much more focused on Canadian Nationals. I was just going to USMS Nationals for fun, and because I haven't been to nationals in three years. We'll see ... I actually feel somewhat better after the easy swim. It's been 17 days ... I'd just like to wake up and have my usual energy. I know just how my teammate Stewart feels!

If anyone is interested, here are the psych sheets for Colonies Zones:
http://www.patriotmasters.org/Coloni...ults/index.htm

Submit "Tues Apr 5" to Digg Submit "Tues Apr 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Tues Apr 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tues Apr 5" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I don't recall all the specifics around symptoms you and Stewart are experiencing but in general it sounds like you're both very fatigued and tired. I've felt the same way over the past two weeks or so. No signs of a cold, but definitely dealing with allergies along with overall body fatigue. I've wondered if the fatigue has something to do with allergies. If we're all experiencing similar issues I was looking for some type of commonality.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSad
    I don't recall all the specifics around symptoms you and Stewart are experiencing but in general it sounds like you're both very fatigued and tired. I've felt the same way over the past two weeks or so. No signs of a cold, but definitely dealing with allergies along with overall body fatigue. I've wondered if the fatigue has something to do with allergies. If we're all experiencing similar issues I was looking for some type of commonality.
    Yes, I think allergies have something to do with it. Stewart and I both have loads of them. He has also had walking pneumonia and I've had reactivated mono. Exhaustion does seem to be the worst symptom. I find it difficult to be super healthy in the spring ... I slept 9+ hours last night and still woke up very tired.
    Surprising that the 85+ degree temps at LAF could work to make you feel better but go with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Surprising that the 85+ degree temps at LAF could work to make you feel better but go with it!
    Sometimes exercise makes you feel a tad better. It doesn't matter, I feel like sh*t this morning. Part of it is definitely allergies.
    Get well soon Leslie. DeAnna was diagnosed with a sinus infection brought on by her allergies. I hope you start to feel better soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Get well soon Leslie. DeAnna was diagnosed with a sinus infection brought on by her allergies. I hope you start to feel better soon.
    I feel better after weights today. I am thinking that allergies are playing a big role, which would explain why I feel so awful in the am and a little better throughout the day. Poor DeAnna! Hope she gets well soon. I definitely don't have a sinus infection -- thank goodness -- just a lot of fatigue. For your sake, I'm glad she doesn't have the flu.