10 x 25 breast @ 100 pace @ :45
150 EZ
10 x 25 free @ 100 pace @ :45
200 EZ
10 x 25 flutter kick @ 100 pace @ :45
250 EZ

Total: 3350

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a deep tissue massage and a cupping session yesterday. It really helped with the soreness from weights. I should have gone to the gym today, but didn't feel like it. I'll go tomorrow before the Pitt practice. I'm still having allergy problems -- ears hurt, chest congestion, cough, sinus pain, fatigue. I had planned to start resting for nationals next Tuesday or so. If I'm not substantially better by then, I may pull the plug. I don't want to compete feeling like this. I can work out, but it's a struggle. April is not a good month for those of us with allergies and asthma. I just ordered some plant sterols to see if they help alleviate the symptoms any. I'm off to watch Lil Fort's track meet now. She's running the 2 mile -- got all of Mr. Fort's slow twitch genes.

Assuming I do go to nats, I'm pondering whether I should use the retractable backstroke ledge. I won't be there in time to try it on Thursday and I may miss the warm up after the 500 free on Friday bc my first event is in the afternoon (50 back). So I would have to try it for the first time in a race ... Risky, but I may take the risk since I have the 27.4 as a backup.

Submit "Tues Apr 12" to Digg Submit "Tues Apr 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Tues Apr 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tues Apr 12" to Google

Updated April 12th, 2016 at 05:25 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

They have two spares (after the 20 to be used in competition). It is possible they will be available for limited use in the diving well during the meet. It will all depend on how crowded warm-ups are (i.e. they won't open a lane just for backstroke starts if all of the other lanes are jam-packed).

Missed you at Zones
    I missed the fact that there will be ledges in Greensboro. I know for a while there was a forum thread in which it sounded like ledges were not being used even if they were available. I am excited to try the ledges at the meet.

I hope ol your feeling better.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I missed the fact that there will be ledges in Greensboro. I know for a while there was a forum thread in which it sounded like ledges were not being used even if they were available. I am excited to try the ledges at the meet.

I hope ol your feeling better.
    Working on it ... I hope I can follow in your path.

Here is the instructional video on how to use the Colorado wedges:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0X0GfxaWI
    Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    They have two spares (after the 20 to be used in competition). It is possible they will be available for limited use in the diving well during the meet. It will all depend on how crowded warm-ups are (i.e. they won't open a lane just for backstroke starts if all of the other lanes are jam-packed).

Missed you at Zones
    Missed you guys too! It was my first time not competing there ... You had a great meet!

I figured warm up would be rather zoo like and I wouldn't get a chance there. But I will keep my eye out just in case. Thanks!
    I'm stoked to use the ledges - I don't see how my backstroke start could get any worse even if I totally screw them up! I do hope you feel good enough to come to Greensboro, Leslie.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'm stoked to use the ledges - I don't see how my backstroke start could get any worse even if I totally screw them up! I do hope you feel good enough to come to Greensboro, Leslie.
    The Omega ledge looks a little more sturdy to me, but I'm excited to try the Colorado one. Hopefully, it is as easy to adjust as it looks. I like to put my feet up high, so this should help with increased horizontal velocity a tad.

I hope I feel better too ... but allergy symptoms are persistent. Today is better than yesterday ... maybe I'm going in the right direction.