View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Squintier hint of taper

Rate this Entry
by , April 15th, 2016 at 04:29 PM (78 Views)
I thought I was going to have enough time to do the full workout #4 as written from last week (http://forums.usms.org/showthread.ph...tart-April-4th), but I made the mistake of scheduling what was to have been a 15 minute call with our VP of Sales as I drove over to Westmoor Giammona pool this morning, figuring I would wrap that up right as the lap swim opened at 6am. Unfortunately, we talked longer - all good and valuable - and I didn't jump in until 6:20am. This, combined with the HS team taking up a few lanes, meant I had to share a lane and didn't have enough time. I had to ...
  • Switch the transition fast efforts on the 8 x 50 into 16 x 25s as the lanes are too narrow to go fly for a 50 (e.g., I could time a fast 25 by pushing off right when the guy approached the wall, but would've whacked him hard if I did a whole 50).
  • Shorten the intervals on the 100s and only got through 12 instead of 16

... but I still got in a solid 3K effort and felt pretty good. My backstroke, in particular felt great, and I got down to 1:03+ on the last hard effort there.

I haven't been training a lot of focused IM work even though I'm swimming both the 200 and 400 IM at Nationals. There are a few reasons for this. Primarily, I want to focus on the 1000 and 500. Secondarily, because of the OOE, the IMs fall late in the meet and I suspect I'll be a bit tuckered out by the time they come around. Finally, I've had some persistent groin issues which has limited my breaststroke kicking. Excuses aside, though, if I can manage to get my breaststroke kick in more than the passable state it's in now, I think I can at least throw down a low 4:20ish 400 IM, which would be nice ... but not required for happiness.

Submit "Squintier hint of taper" to Digg Submit "Squintier hint of taper" to del.icio.us Submit "Squintier hint of taper" to StumbleUpon Submit "Squintier hint of taper" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments