View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thur-Fri, June 2-3

Rate this Entry
Thursday:

When to a 75 minute hot yoga class for the first time in many months. The poses were fine, but, wow, I was not used to the heat. Sweated buckets.

Friday: Swim/LCM @ Pitt

Warm up:

200 various (missed 300 due to traffic)
10 x 50 @ 1:00 (They were pulling. I did various stuff to finish warming up.)

Main sets:

10 x 50 flutter kick w/fins @ 1:00
-- did 7 between 31-33, then 1 EZ, 1 fast @ :29, 1 EZ
-- starting off at :31 was too fast
50 EZ

8 x (35 fast kick + 15 EZ) @ 1:20
-- did backstroke kick @ 100 pace
100 EZ

6 x 50 kick w/fins, done as 25 shooter + 25 EZ @ 1:10
50 EZ

8 x (35 fast swim + 15 EZ) @ 1:20
--alternated breast and back @ 100 pace
100 EZ

4 x 50 of something + 100 EZ
-- I was so shot that I just did 3 x 50 EZ

8 x (25 fast + 25 EZ) @ 1:20
-- 4 swim, 4 kick w/board
50 EZ

Total: 3200 m

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was crippled by that long course workout. It was billed as a sprint workout. Ha! That was a crazy sprint conditioning workout, not nearly enough rest to be a true sprint workout. I was going to leave before the last set, but I was shamed into staying -- a rare occurrence. It's been 7 days in a row and I'm beat this am, so will take today off. Looks like it could be pouring during Lebo lap swim anyway.

Submit "Thur-Fri, June 2-3" to Digg Submit "Thur-Fri, June 2-3" to del.icio.us Submit "Thur-Fri, June 2-3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thur-Fri, June 2-3" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Yoga

Comments

You are definitely headed into middle distance territory - let us know if/when you feel the urge for a 2IM - you would rock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    You are definitely headed into middle distance territory - let us know if/when you feel the urge for a 2IM - you would rock it.
    You sound like Patrick! It was one of my best events in my younger swim life. But it is really beyond me at this point. 100 IM is hard enough.